The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Free DIY White face gauges...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 52
    1997greengalant
    how come when i try to go to look..it says there is no page. i would like to rip off your ideas. . . please. lol

Proto
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Galants.com has been down for years now and everything I had on their is gone. Â*I will search my old hd and see if I saved them and will PM Strahan and see if he had anything backed up. Â*But if you really want a set, I probably could come up with another set.</div>

1997greengalant
    u would be the man. i would greatly apreciate it. if you dont have it thanks anyway. i wil find something im sure

1997greengalant
    u would be the man. i would greatly apreciate it. if you dont have it thanks anyway. i wil find something im sure

Proto
    stop being cheap, spend $20 get real ones.

1997greengalant
    from where? 20 bucks hell ill buy 2...dont tell me e-bay either everything i bought from there doesnt fit or is jus plain crap

Proto
    all my ebay stuff is great. you just dont know how to shop

1997greengalant
    whatever then..finding galant crap on e-bay isn't that hard..its just all crap..nevermind then ill go back to findin shit on my own...didnt know it would be that big of a deal

who pee'd in ur wheeties? i got reverse glow gauges on ebay and they were just fine.. ive bought alot of stuff on ebay.. u just gotta watch thier feedback..
    1997 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64 *R*I*P*

soon to come, 97 Copper GST 5spd, Bone Stock, for now...

someone could always just take the extra step of just scanning the factory gauges. thats how they all started off in the first place.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

vr4ified_
    ive been working on my own dials

'scuse my foot! :!: printing them on a translucent digital print media
    like the use on light boxes...

should be able to tint the back to any colour with a translucent vinyl
    and the front can have ne thing u want on it

7gSoldier
    I plan to scan my stock gauges and post them on here so that everybody who wants to make their own custom gauges (like me) will have a working format to use, since none of the links in this thread seem to work. I've already taken the gauge cluster out, but can not remove the gauge from its plastic backing. the gauge is glued down at several points and I'm afraid of breaking it if I pull too hard. any advice?

CHH
    Are you sure its glued on at those things you've circled? my gauge faces were just sitting on those, only glue was in the centre.
    In my case i just worked away at them gently until they came off. Yes the glue's pretty strong but it shouldnt brake, just dont fold them in half, pull back and forth on both sides.
    BTW what i've done is i've printed the new ones out on regular thin printing paper, but stuck translucent yellow plastic on the backs of them so they light up a nice orangey yellow at night.

Quote Originally Posted by 7gSoldier
    I plan to scan my stock gauges and post them on here so that everybody who wants to make their own custom gauges (like me) will have a working format to use, since none of the links in this thread seem to work. I've already taken the gauge cluster out, but can not remove the gauge from its plastic backing. the gauge is glued down at several points and I'm afraid of breaking it if I pull too hard. any advice?
    Anything happen with this... saw this post when I first became a member and nothing has changed since then would like to have something cool ready to do to my G when I get another one... BTW I liked my Black /w red gauges so I might just have to do that again...

anything happened with the dials or not?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    If anybody wants to scan them in just email the files to me and I can make some gauges up again. If nobody wants to, I can just snag the stock gauges from the junkyard and scan them in at work. The scans should be scanned in at least 600dpi
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    If anybody wants to scan them in just email the files to me and I can make some gauges up again. If nobody wants to, I can just snag the stock gauges from the junkyard and scan them in at work. The scans should be scanned in at least 600dpi

can you scan the stock gauges and then i will change them in photoshop and will do my own design.thanx

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I didnt know you could buy your own El sheets! Will make custom gauge overlays perfect! Check out this link:

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~lgj24/i...cts_gauges.htm

Apparently you can buy the El sheets just like normal size paper and just cut them to size then run a standard inverer. Pretty cool stuff :)

If its not raining tomorrow I will grab a set of stock gauges from the junkyard and scan them in at work on Saturday. Of course I will post the scans for you guys ;)
    7g for life!

can someone share their scanned template for the gauges?

up up up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast