The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Pilot muffler,,,,, should i buy or not?

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    EGALANT01

Pilot muffler,,,,, should i buy or not?

my friends brother had a civic and bought amuffler for 150 and had some piping done from his cat back. he is willing to sell me everything for $20. Sounds good to me but don't know much about Pilot mufflers and will it work on my car. Ihave a 2001 4cyl. Let me know what u think thanks.

it all depends. i was in the same situation. my friend had a jdm muffler and he gave it and the piping to me when he got a full catback.

the piping could be an issue. i know on the exhaust my friend gave me from his prelude, he had 2 inch piping on it. the stock piping is 2.25 inches. so yea, the piping i couldn't use. they cut the piping off at the muffler inlet and installed it just like if i were to come in with a brand new universal muffler.

the muffler. depending on how old the muffler is, you might not want to put it on. my muffler was jsut a few months old so it was fairly new. but if the muffler was older, you might not want to put it on. just cause things like rust and then the insulation might be on its way out. or in other words, yea the muffler might be cheap but then ur just wasting ur money on the install if you're gonna end up with a new muffler a few weeks or months later cuz the muffler u got went bad.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.