The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Who's Turboed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FastNFabolous)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think XS has one for Eclipse/Galant too.</div>
    i'm going to be turbo'd, not that you care about a stupid old honda rice boy Motor's getting pulled for rebuild over spring break. Can't wait, just got an offer for piston rings today

and fast and fabolous, is that really your car in your sig? Do you have any of the parts you have stickers for? And what's with the RIMS??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WanderingPinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>wow what a short list - it would be cool if the list could include I4 or V6, and possibly the source (kit or homebrew).

So far the only kits available that I have heard of are:
    AAI (I4 only, V6 possible)
    API (in development?)
    XTech (Out of business)
    Horsepower House (sent them an e-mail inquring about their setup)</div> NorCal Performance put a turbo out for the eclispe/Galant I think Fast? you know of any who had this companies turbo setup?
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

im thinkin garrett t3/t4 turbo...boost about 10 to 12 psi... then after all that go to twins maybe.. if i can hold it up.. im V6
    Diego

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>im thinkin garrett t3/t4 turbo...boost about 10 to 12 psi... Â*then after all that go to twins maybe.. if i can hold it up.. Â*im V6</div> I think by the time you go turbo AAI will have a v6 kit out and they use Turbonetics T3/T4 Hybrid.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>is dj galant a 6 cylinder or 4? Â*also what boards does he frequent?</div>.

dj galant was one of the 1st 4cly turbo g's....his car is on cardomain

here's a link to one of his posts

http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtop...36ab196148[img]

and heres his car domain page

http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant[/img]

well right now i am sort of turbo,, when i sit in my car seat, my ass is connected to the Intake,, so anytime i want race a civic, i just FART.

sorry i am hang over from last night,, soo work with me

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wolfman)</div><div class='quotemain'>is dj galant a 6 cylinder or 4? Â*also what boards does he frequent?</div>.

dj galant was one of the 1st 4cly turbo g's....his car is on cardomain

here's a link to one of his posts

http://66.98.150.64/~clubtgc/forum/viewtop...36ab196148[img]

and heres his car domain page

http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant[/img]</div> Wow thats trippy because About three or four months ago I saw that exact car here in Merced, Ca and I didn't know he was turboed dang thats crazy.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

[quote="scootinintegra"]
    Quote Originally Posted by FastNFabolous
    I think XS has one for Eclipse/Galant too.
    i'm going to be turbo'd, not that you care about a stupid old honda rice boy Motor's getting pulled for rebuild over spring break. Can't wait, just got an offer for piston rings today

and fast and fabolous, is that really your car in your sig? Do you have any of the parts you have stickers for? And what's with the RIMS??

[/quote :x :? How many times do you have to ask? I thought you read pretty much all the threads out here. Well I guess you must had missed them. Yes that has been my car since 2000 Why dont you ask my team members :!: Do I look like one of them Honda owners? no offense I wouldn't just stick them on for extra hp c'mon now. If there is a part that I dont have anymore that will be the bottle ( nitrous ) c'uz I've been saving up for my project. Pretty much everything else is still intact.
    Now, with my rims. This is what I roll most of the time = for pickin up the honeys :twisted: I have another set of rims anyways (J-Spec) when I use to go to the illegals & couple of times at the strip. Dont be fooled w/ them chrome rims though, Eventhough they weigh a ton, on our trip to Laughlin last year I was able to hang w/ my team members turbod I4, V6 Galants & a newer prelude 8) They will be able to prove it to you...

Pm me if you have any other questions!
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

mjc1055
    Does Doug's Dyno only build custom turbo kits? Is anybody considering him? I've heard he uses T3/4 turbos, but it seems to me that if you were going to run twins on a v6 (which would be nice) that keeping it small would be the best way to go on stock internals, maybe see if he'll do something with like a t25 or maybe a small 16g...

sethmo
    DJ Galant parted out his setup last time I heard...

Dj Galant did too? wow anybody confirm that. Fast you live over near him, you ever talk to him? Also who's turboed I4 are you talking about that you rolled with to Laughlin?
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

He didnt part the kit but he's running bone stock now again c'uz he said if nobody's interested , he will just keep it for his next project car!

Wolfman, I am talking bout the same guy Dj Galant.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Thanks Fast.

So we have at the present moment in the USA,
    Those Turboed on Original USDM 4G64 or 6G72 motor :
    Leicoolya (built by Xtech V6)
    AK1 (Built by Horsepower House I4)
    Kwik6 (unknown)
    Those wishing, working on, or have had turbos in original motor:
    8ggalant
    djgalant
    galantv600
    Headache
    Rabbit
    FastNFabolous
    Lazarus
    Wolfman
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

For your information, here is the email I got back from Horsepower house:
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Andrew Kung <[email protected]>
    I apologize but we do not have a kit for the V6 models. And for the 4 Cylinder versions we only do in-house installation and fabrication on the turbo kits.

The 4 cylinder kit that we use consists of:

- Cast Turbo Manifold (Mits. flange)
    - TD05 16G Turbo (Internal wastegate)
    - Custom downpipe & 02 Housing
    - Spearco intercooler & Custom Piping
    - Oil feed & return lines
    - BOV
    - Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump
    - Adjustable FPR
    - 550cc Injectors
    - Custom turbo intake pipe & filter
    - Autronic Standalone EMS & Boost Control Valve
    - Boost Gauge

*Custom fabrication needed for installation of 02 Housing & Downpipe clearance.
    *Recommend complete build of engine (forged pistons & rods) and installation of aftermarket transmission bulletproof kit & torque converter

Thanks.</div>

PlanoEastRacer
    Add me to the list of "Planning to Turbo in the near Future", however this is not my first mod i'm currently working with the guys at Intercrew in Plano, Tx. on Pricing and Plans for the V6 Auto - Manual tranny swap. i'm think'n round 2500 for that.

I Read a little while ago (months ago), that some australian co. was working on a Twin Turbo kit? is this true? if so for the V6?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PlanoEastRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>Add me to the list of "Planning to Turbo in the near Future", however this is not my first mod i'm currently working with the guys at Intercrew in Plano, Tx. on Pricing and Plans for the V6 Auto - Manual tranny swap. Â*i'm think'n round 2500 for that.

I Read a little while ago (months ago), that some australian co. was working on a Twin Turbo kit? is this true? if so for the V6?</div> Twin Turbo kit for The USDm Galants or JDM galants? Twisted was thinking about a twin turbo but didn't because of many different reasons for which he'll have to explain. 2500 is alot of money I am sure you can do it for cheaper. Pretty sure its a breeze liek Vtec Killers was with the I4 but hey more power to ya to get it done right and if you can get a warranty even more power to ya.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

PlanoEastRacer
    one big reason for the cost is the fact that no one has ever heard of this kind of swap before at any of the local shops. So it's a one of a kind thing as far as they are concerned. I trust these guys the most because they did a great job on my buddies JDM B16A2 Engine-Tranny Swap, and his Rev-Hard Stage 3 Turbo Kit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PlanoEastRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>one big reason for the cost is the fact that no one has ever heard of this kind of swap before at any of the local shops. Â*So it's a one of a kind thing as far as they are concerned. Â*I trust these guys the most because they did a great job on my buddies JDM B16A2 Engine-Tranny Swap, and his Rev-Hard Stage 3 Turbo Kit.</div> Are they providing the parts as well as the labor included in the price? If so thats probably pretty good, It is really simple on paper. Because you just grab the Tranny/components from a stock Eclipse GT v6 or GTS V6 and the ECU. Everything should line up okay. Good luck with it.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

TWISTED II
    yeah, RPW wanted to get a twin turbo kit out, and thats what i was building my motor for. they were in contact with me and the shop last summer. their plan was to ship us 2 TT kits for the Mitsu Magna over in australia, and we were going to custom fab both kits to work on the USDM galants. i would send one kit back, so they could produce it, and i would keep one. only problem was they wanted to charge me full price for the kit, even though i would be custom fabbing both kits to fit on USDM galants. and, i would only have a month or so, cuz they wanted me at the NOPI Nats last sept. so it was kinda bogus. i'm sure they will think up something and get a kit released soon. the kit will only be to the intercooler. all other piping will hafta be made by a local shop during install.

Gotta keep in mind there are many Galant owners who don't even know TGC exists. I talked with a 7G owner at a car show who had a nice turbo setup, he said he had it awhile. Told him to come to the site, but never did see him join.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast