The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: M3 Mirrors

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    Tight2Def

M3 Mirrors

Has anybody put or seen M3 mirrors on 8g Galant.... Thought that I saw it a picture somewhere....

Tazz2000
    We did, but OBX doesn't make them anymore. We were trying to gain an interest post, but died with the old board.

Tight2Def
    so what do we do now... any way to modify them... in order to use the side marker?

KickerGalant00

LOOKING FOR THEM 2

I was looking through pictures of the car shows in the multimedia section. I saw two cars with them, one had the m3 mirrors from APC, and the other had modified stock mirrors with the LED signals in them. I have been trying to located the mirrors with the LED signal in them, first i thought i would try to get the m3 APC ones and modifiy them, but i saw a car with stock mirrors and i liked them way better. If any one knows how to do this email me. also i have been looking for BMW M3 fender grills. The ones on the new style. if anybody has any information on any of these contact me. PLEASE

Tight2Def
    I hear you man... Can youguy let me know too?... I saw the mirrors with the Led.. It HOt...

Does the Led Come in the mirror or is this a self mod?

Tazz2000
    It would be a self mod. You would have to decide how you want to mount the LEDs and make them look good.

You can buy the LED's off ebay. I think Rich (BGR) has them mounted on his car. You can PM him about it. Hardest part is routing the wires through the rubber thingy in the door jamb. Try doing a search for LED mirror. I bet you'll find a post.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    You can buy the LED's off ebay. I think Rich (BGR) has them mounted on his car. You can PM him about it. Hardest part is routing the wires through the rubber thingy in the door jamb. Try doing a search for LED mirror. I bet you'll find a post.

Chip
    I have the Ebay Guslights. I pretty much said F' it and didn't install them. Waste of $32. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them.

Although these are not M3 lights, they are an alternative

There are these lights: (Say Hi to Jolie - TGCNJ model and Manus' girlfriend)

And these:

http://www8.cds.ne.jp/%7Etyoshi/car/tips/mirror.html - use the babelfish to translate the page - http://babelfish.altavista.com/ (I'm not sure what Popo meant when he said "It is not unbalanced, the sea urchin you thought" at the bottom of that page)

Here's some info on the Aero Mirrors: http://www.geocities.com/nvdautosport/sidemirror.html (Right hand drive only)

KickerGalant00

the alternatives on the red galant!!!!

BGR is that your car in red? if it is how did u do that with the led signals in the what looks to be stock mirrors. i want to know it looks awsome. i would love it if you could tell me. thanx

Tazz2000
    Quote Originally Posted by BGR
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55

Chip
    I have the Ebay Guslights. I pretty much said F' it and didn't install them. Waste of $32. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them.

Although these are not M3 lights, they are an alternative

There are these lights: (Say Hi to Jolie - TGCNJ model and Manus' girlfriend)
    Which one's are these?

Nope. That's not my ride. I don't know who's car that is.

I think they are the APC univeral mirrors.

ThaKiDThaTWinS
    there is a guy around my way with a black galant with a erubini kit and i know for a fact that he has some M3 mirrors...not some stick on light thing or something...the real hook up like if he had a civic or something...im waiting till i can run into him again so i can find out what he did or what ever so i can do it also

GTZ
    hey man I think your talking about the same Galant I saw in manhattan. It was in black too with the M3 mirrors on.

MysteryGalant
    I also notice it has Z3 fenders too .Where can i get those fenders at?Sorry that it is off topic.

TGC Regular
    prolly off some sort of honda so probably a custom job
    - Atba

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Beat
    prolly off some sort of honda so probably a custom job
    My boy chris out here has the best Galant In Florida well besides my boy out in Tampa.. He actually just went and bought the M3 mirrors from BMW and did the custom work.. the Z3 fenders are from the eclipse, and just molded on..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.