The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: :edit: sweet bodykit packages/great price

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

:edit: sweet bodykit packages/great price

Check this site, I think I have seen these pics already from TGC, but not to shabby of a price for this Galant bodykit/spoiler package.
    http://www.gotperformance.com/
    You'll have to search for the kit, but it's not too hard to find.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!

I like the initial v kit...that shit is tight
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Supernova
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like the initial v kit...that shit is tight</div>

The people that put on your kit, will they have to do any sort of modding to make the kit fit right? Like fixing a gap between the headlights and the bumper that i've heard of?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MrJaYdEeOnE)</div><div class='quotemain'>I like the initial v kit...that shit is tight</div>

The people that put on your kit, will they have to do any sort of modding to make the kit fit right? Like fixing a gap between the headlights and the bumper that i've heard of?</div>

Yes, a shop would have to fill in the headlight gaps as well as make some new mounting points. The rear bumper and side skirts should fit without any serious mods though.

Alister_McRae
    I notice that its a foreign galant. If i ordered that kit, would it make a difference if i have a fed spec, not jap spec?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alister_McRae)</div><div class='quotemain'>I notice that its a foreign galant. If i ordered that kit, would it make a difference if i have a fed spec, not Japanese spec?</div>

scroll up and read again...danj just talked about the mods necessary

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

OK Everyone I just Put the Initial V on the Car. I am kinda pissed that I just found out what it's called. Everyone Asks me and I tell them I didn't know so now I know. The Rear Went on Fine no probs. You may have to mold because the rear bumper runs from your tail light all the way up to your rear Wheel. Like so (It's was a cheap Camera sue me.)

The Sides Went on Fine Pain in the Ass Because you have to take off the doors to put it on. but it fits in the door Jam and you have to cut a little notch in the front door to allo you to be able to open and close the door but you won't notice it.

The Front was A Piece of Cake. Just remember when you put a Kit on you will loose that Impact Bar. The only downside. But I am working on getting a better Camera cause these came out like Crap but here is the fron if you can make it out. Notice there is still a gap in the Headlight if you don't get the JDMs or get it filled.

Freakin Web Page. Just go Here and Click on the New Icon at the Bottom
    INITIAL V
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

looks good LAZ. for those who can't see it, its on this page http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/camstradamus/...newestpics.html

Looks great CJ!. Can't wait to see it in person. I really want a pair of those side skirts. Your work paid off. The rear looks really tight.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

OK Here is more Junk on the Initail V Body Kit. The Kit is on but we have run into a couple issues with the rear. Because of the way the rear sits on top of your quarter panels alot of Filler and Fiberglass is going to be layed to blend in the Kit. How Much You say? Well It's going to be alot. Almost have to take the lines out up near the Gas tank. ( I am beginning to think that this is suppose to be a Wide Body Kit) the front sides and Rear are for the most Part done.

For anyone that's interested. The Trim on the side of your doors that says Galant on the front for the ES and DE and in the Rear for the ES/LS and GTZ. Well it's held on by a rubber adheasive. but if you want to take it off be sure to have some bondo in hand because there are 4 holes underneath it as well.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

If am not mistaken then the only difference between the Erebuni Kit and the Initial S is the side skirts.Word around the campfire is that Erebuni is coming out with the new skirts which will pretty much make it the Initial S.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Hey Laz, I have the VR-M kit that I have to put on and pretty much figured out that I will need to remove the doors to get the sides on, but did you have any trouble with the door rubbing on the side skirts when you open and close it? Also, did the side skirts have these long tabs that pressed against the bottom of the rocker panels?

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Hey Laz, I have the VR-M kit that I have to put on and pretty much figured out that I will need to remove the doors to get the sides on, but did you have any trouble with the door rubbing on the side skirts when you open and close it? Also, did the side skirts have these long tabs that pressed against the bottom of the rocker panels?
    Yeah We had to take the doors off to get the sides on. And to open and close the door we did have to cut a small notch in the corner of the front of the side skirts, to allow the door to open and close without hitting the side skirts.As Far as the clearance underneath the door there wasn't any problems. Oh And as for the Panel. There is a flap that sticks out and I am going to try and mask it with Bondo. I went against the norm and Molded the it on.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

BlueESV6
    I sure like the Initial S!! .... don't know if I'd like the price installed and painted though....

Quote Originally Posted by BlueESV6
    I sure like the Initial S!! .... don't know if I'd like the price installed and painted though....
    I don't think 925 Shipped to your door is bad If you went to Erebuni you would pay like 1200 just for the kit that's before shipping.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

CNascimento
    LAzarus your on your way there were only a couple of bumps in the road but things seem to be moving smoothly now... Anyway I just bought this kit and I have an LS and actually want to keep the side trim "GALANT" pieces do they get in the way of installation???

CNascimento
    Another question for you... The impact bar has to be remove so what does this mean if there a crash? is there a way to modify the impact bar and still keep in effective???

Quote Originally Posted by CNascimento
    Another question for you... The impact bar has to be remove so what does this mean if there a crash? is there a way to modify the impact bar and still keep in effective???
    for the front u wouldn't want the impact bar there anyways, its all ugly and yea it breaks during low speed crashes so just becareful not to hit things slowly but very fast. uhm you can talk to your body shop, i doubt u'd want to cut up your nice kit to keep the impact bar, maybe they can figure a way maybe weld up some kinda of square tubing or something so u have a real bumper instead of just a cover

BlueESV6
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueESV6
    I don't think 925 Shipped to your door is bad If you went to Erebuni you would pay like 1200 just for the kit that's before shipping.
    Wasn't critcizing, I know this is a good price! I would have to have it installed at a body shop that what I meant... So it's $225 for shipping? (at least to where you live) b/c the price for the kit said $700 which seems to good to be true.

750 for the kit 150 shipping and 25 extra for the mesh that went with the Kit. I am paying a friend. For the Kit install (Molding) , to fix all the dents and scratches and to sand and primer the whole car. And he's throwing in the spoiler for free when I get it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast