The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G63T swap

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    CcVilleES

4G63T swap

if i was to get my hands on a JDM 4G63 turbo lancer engine that has the manual tranny and ecu already with it...how much additional work would be needed to do a tranny swap as well? how much more cheese would i need to fork out?

which lancer is it? i mean different lancers had different layouts. some were FWD some RWD some AWD and then the rotation of the motor also. the price can vary alot. get some more info on the motor and maybe try finding an installer too cuz that can be hard too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>which lancer is it? i mean different lancers had different layouts. some were FWD some RWD some AWD and then the rotation of the motor also. the price can vary alot. get some more info on the motor and maybe try finding an installer too cuz that can be hard too.</div>

No lancer has ever been RWD only. its FWD or AWD. Just thought i'd point that out.

If the motor was from a Lancer EVO 4-7 it *should* be a relatively straight forward install, but don't take my word for that. But both the 8G Galant and EVO 4-7s motors are reversed. Again like Pinoy said take it to a reputable shop, and make sure they know what they are doing because its going to cost some bit of dough to get working properly.

Re: 4G63T swap

Quote Originally Posted by CcVilleES
    if i was to get my hands on a JDM 4G63 turbo lancer engine that has the manual tranny and ecu already with it...how much additional work would be needed to do a tranny swap as well? how much more cheese would i need to fork out?
    Your best beat is one of two things:

1 get the the front clip of a 4g63T from a 1g eclipse gst fwd (non crank walk issues) local price is 2500 then take the entire motor/tranny everything else

or 2 take the head off the 4g63T use your existing block which will make it a 4g64T One major benifit is you have 2.4L vs 2L Down side of this is getting custom downpiping (no biggie) There are pics of eclipses that have done this on one of the yahoo groups

b-boy_sky
    Swaping the head won't make it a 4G64T. It will make it a 4G64 DOHC. He would have to put a turbo on to add the T.....

yea, umm that was implied......

greekgalant
    Then how much do u think it cost for a swap?

are there any sites that give detailed instructions on the swap. i have a 97 ls and have access to a gst and want to do the swap, i got a b20vtec project going right now for my 88 accord
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

From What I Heard and read It's really not worth the Conversion from the single to the dual. I put something up on this on both sites and here is what I got as far as any type of single to dual OHC

I SPY WITH MY BROWN EYE.....
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"