The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question about the domelights

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey DANJ what kind of wire is that you used w. the 194s?</div>

I used some speaker wire that I had laying around. I think it came with my Polk 6x9's, but I didn't need it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(-=Haz=-)</div><div class='quotemain'>Danj what brand bulbs you using in there.. I bought the blue 194 bulbs from APC and they aren't nearly as deep in color as yours hell maybe its just the way it is.. the bulbs I replaced behind the cluster are blue but I think that has more to do with the cluster face than anything.
    the ones I put in the dome light sorta are a washed out white if anything.

p.s. I suck at souldering</div>

Well, I think it's my digital camera that makes it look so vibrant. It's not quite that nice in person. It has to be pitch black out to get that sort of glow from the dome light. I wonder if there are any mini neons that would fit in the dome light housing?

lemonnamedsteve
    hey, just a little FYI, I've been looking and i'vediscovered that the stock bulbs are 561 (or 563) there are 2 types it just depends on the Watts

561 = 9.99 watts
    563 = 12.48 watts

Yea, if you have a sun roof you have to take off the map light cover, but be careful they're esay to break the hindges.

The bulb condoms I got look aqua which don't match my LED dome light...just something to think about

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i did a simalar application to danj's except i wired in a few single leds in each one you can use pretty much any wire the middle is ground and the outsides are 12v i had a dealer installed sunroof so i had to take off the clear plasic things in order to get mine out and then there was a screw on each side

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12