The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 19s

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

19s

do these fit in 19s on my ride?

http://www.axiswheels.com/se7enmod.html

i got the tein drop but once i get these rims if its possible to fit im goin wit ground controls... to be able to c how low i can go wit these wheels... any mods needed to be done to fit??? either 35.. or 45mm offset?

thanks in advance
    Diego

45mm offset would be perfect. If the rims were 7.5" wide I'd say they would fit without a doubt. At 8" wide, they should still fit, but you could possibly have problems with rubbing in the rear if you go too low.

only thing id have to do then MAYBE is roll the back fenders wit a hammer..?
    Diego

the thing is, when you're going with width, the outside of the wheel and the fender isn't as much as an issue as the inside of the wheel and rubbing against the suspension components.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    i got 8.5 in wide. only rubbing is on the outside when i hit dips going 75+ that would pretty much happen to any car, unless they had rock solid suspension. basically bottoming out.

...U N D E A D...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TITAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got 8.5 in wide. only rubbing is on the outside when i hit dips going 75+ that would pretty much happen to any car, unless they had rock solid suspension. basically bottoming out.</div>

ur on 19s and stock height right? so id have to go back to stock height.. or coilovers and barely drop it :cry:
    Diego

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TITAN)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got 8.5 in wide. only rubbing is on the outside when i hit dips going 75+ that would pretty much happen to any car, unless they had rock solid suspension. basically bottoming out.</div>

ur on 19s and stock height right? so id have to go back to stock height.. or coilovers and barely drop it :cry:</div>

not necessarily. if you got some of those adjustable struts you could se tthem on the stiffest setting when you gonna be travelling on the highway so no bottoming out. Guy in AZ only has 16s and when we meet up hes riding kinda soft because were in the city, but when we start to cruise, or take the highway, he'll just pop the hood right quick and change the settings to stiffer. takes about 1 minute.

the 2 other things are to make sure you get the right offset. close to stock as possible. but i know you already know that.

and you dont HAVE to get 8.5 wide. you can get anywhere from 7.5-8.5 with 19s now, I believe. When I got mine, I didnt know that. Plus there were very limited styles that were only 7.5 wide. but I like mine just fine. and there is always the option to roll your fender just to make sure.

so its really up to you.

...U N D E A D...

I'm on 18's at 8.5 in. wide and have the GC coilovers. As long as you keep the offset as close to stock as possible, you will have no problem. You WILL definitely need a fender roller for the rear, because my rears rub over small bumps and the like. But like I said offset is the key. not the width.
    2001 Galant I4 Dover Pearl

Mods:
    Injen CAI
    GC Coilovers
    18x8.5 ADR M-Classics
    225/40HR Kumho Ectsa Supra's
    Nokya H4 Headlights
    Clear Corners
    Reverse Indiglo Guages

Soon to Come...
    Apexi N-1 Exhaust
    x2 JL Audio W6 Subs