The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gunmetal and Anthracite..the same?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Gunmetal and Anthracite..the same?

Are these the same color? Long story short, I busted two rims on a pothole. i bought the wheels from whalentire.com last year and they no longer have them for my 8G so I went to several other sites and some have them in anthracite and some have them in gunmetal. One site has it in gunmetal for 180 and another site in anthracite for 115. In pictures they looked the same, but I am not trying to get the anthracite wheel and its a completely different color!

akiraflux
    anthracite looks a shade lighter than gun metal.

here's them on my car (anthracite)

notice how it looks the same color as silver...just without the metalic

Every company has their own idea of what gun metal and anthracite look like. My rims are anthracite and they are very dark, almost black, but I have seen them listed on sites as gun metal even though the manufacturers website says anthracite. So, I would say in your case, they are the same color, just that different sites call it what they want. If you check the manufacturers website and they don't have both colors listed, then I would definitely say it's the same color. Anyway, here is a pic of my rims:

akiraflux
    stupid wheel manufacturers

i consider gunmetal to be almost black and anthracite to be a more grey/silver

like dan's...if i saw those i'd straight up call em gunmetal wheels. if i saw mine (and hadn't bought em) i dunno what i'd call em but it wouldn't be gunmetal...i just associate gunmetal with dark dark.

xSILENTx
    It says gunmetal on the boxes my rims came in. but it must have been labled wrong casue they dont look gun metal to me