The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Blew stock shocks....

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Blew stock shocks....

Ok i blew my stock shocks out on the front end so i might as well replace em all right w/ aftermarket - what's good for aftermarket but please not too expensive - I have and 8g - it will be dropped over the summer and i'm getting 18"s (probably an eibach drop or something like that) anyways what kinda shocks should i replace em w/?

thanks
    -Jordan

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    KYB AGXs or KYB GR2s
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

what're we lookin at pricewise and what's the difference between the 2 peano?

kyb agx you can find for around 3and change shipped
    the gr2s im not sure about
    the kyb agx you can adjust the stiffness
    the gr2s are like stock..you cant adjust
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

If you want AGX's, cheapest place to get em is at CLub3g's groupbuy price of $335. I'm not sure on prices for the gr2's, but Prophet, aka JAson from here and GF sells them at his store as one loction to look at. I'm sure theres plenty more. If you decide that you'd rather have oem while you save up for aftermarket I'll give you my stockers for 75 bucks shipped.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

KYB AGX's is a mush, they are $335 shipped over at club 3g. I highly recommend them

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i think you should really get in on the group buy, its an awesome deal. but here is where i got my AGXs, free shipping on them too, only $346.00 shipped to your door

http://www.coximport.com/store/agx-164080
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

:cry: that site only has 'em for 7g's I have an 8g, a '99, they won't still work will they?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarkLateNight)</div><div class='quotemain'>:cry: Â*that site only has 'em for 7g's I have an 8g, a '99, they won't still work will they?</div> Nope they won't match up, like we said I think cheapest place for AGX's is Club3g's group buy.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

but umm i need em like w/in a week or less

i just dont have time for the GB to end, who else sells em for decent price?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarkLateNight)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just dont have time for the GB to end, who else sells em for decent price?</div>

if you didn't have time, you should at least looked up the details for it. cuz the club3g group buy never ends. they just call it a group buy but all you do is order it like you would order it normally but you get the group buy price.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Yeah the groupbuy at club3g is never ending and therefore the best price for AGX's. www.dnaracing.net has KYBGr2's for 223.96+shipping. Thats the cheapest I've found Gr2's Why are you needing these by the end of the week? Are you dropping sooner than the summer or do you just want to get rid of the blown shock ride? Like I said before for $75 shipped I'll give you my oem shocks and you can save up for the aftermarkets.
    -Nathan
    member of Team DNA
    www.dnaracing.net

ok- my car is at a friend of my dad's shop - he's doing a good bit to it and he wants to get everything he can done while he's got it apart - my front shocks are both blown my tires bald etc etc etc - i might just have to do w/o shocks, and deal w/ the crappy ride til summer - and just put on the shocks springs and new rims at once oh well thanks for all the help - probly gonna go w/ the AGX's so i can adjust it so i won't scrape everywhere i go, like my steep driveway...

MaxedOut97Maxima
    try ebay.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarkLateNight)</div><div class='quotemain'>probly gonna go w/ the AGX's so i can adjust it so i won't scrape everywhere i go, like my steep driveway...</div>

Getting KYB AGX struts/shocks won't allow you to raise or lower your car. The only thing you can adjust with the KYB AGXs is the dampening (stiffness). If you want to be able to adjust the height of your car, you will need coilovers like Ground Control to go with the KYB AGXs or you can get a full setup like the Tein Basic Dampers or Tein SS Dampers which are coilovers and struts/shocks all in one.

how much danj?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DarkLateNight)</div><div class='quotemain'>how much danj?</div>

For which ones?