The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interior painting

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    xSILENTx

Interior painting

I've been waiting for it to get nice out so i could do somthing with my interior. would it be better to paint dash and door pieces or cover them with fabric. i'm just doing the dash and doors for now maybe do they seat during the summer. what would be some good colors to go with a tan interior? i was just going to do it black.

xSILENTx
    and what the easiest way to get out the dash pieces? do i have to take apart the whole thing or do the vents pop out.

optics
    the vents pop right out man .. my 98 G is in the shop right now getting a $2G paintjob and i popped out all the pieces to my interior and i painted them royal blue 2 match my neons .. the outside is going to be all gunmetal .. and the inside is goign to be a grey/blue color .. but anyways ya .. just dont break the little pieces off .. be carfeul when ur popping thigns out of place heh sorry if im not making sense .. i have a hangover from last night

roseme03
    What is the best way to paint the interior of your car because my boy tried to do that and after about 2 weeks the his inteior started to peel. Sanded it down first then he promed it and stpray painted it then he put a coat of gloss over it, is that how your supposed to do it or is that the wrong way??

one of the most important parts to painting your interior is prep work. if you do a shitty prep job, the paint isn't gonna stick. start off by lightly sanding the piece. this would give something for the primer to hold onto better, instead of some really smooth surface. before putting on the primer, make sure to clean the surface really well. if there is dust particles or chemicals on the surface, the primer will stick to that and not the actual piece. as a result, the paint won't hold onto the piece.

after that, put on some primer. and then some paint. put on several coats of paint. lightly sanding between coats to make sure the surface is smooth. remember to clean the surface before putting on another coat of paint. and then finally put on several layers of the clear coat. this will help to protect the paint surface from chips and stuff.

but yea back to the original question. if the original piece was fabric, keep it fabric. you could change it to another type of fabric like leather or whatever but i suggest to keep it fabric or to fiberglass it over, something like that.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

everything should pop out or have just a couple screws (lower dash parts). I painted everything on my interior...in retrospect it wasn't a good idea, and I have had to redo things several times. I am soon to start on my FINAL time doing this. If you are going to do it....take your time, use good materials and be careful. Plan things out, because there are some things which you won't be able to change (seatbelts!!!) You have to plan for every single part. Good luck.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

NYmagicstk
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wassup y'all, I know this is sort of an old topic, but I'm about to do my mom's 7g, I did my 8g and it came out good, except some of my pieces have chipped from minimal bangs. How does one go about fiberglassing the interior pieces??? I painted my interior true blue, and I'd like to fiberglass it the same color, I want to do my mom's car in purple, how easy is it to get colored fiberglass???</span>

you would paint it after you have fiberglassed
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

NYmagicstk
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>OH Wouldn't that still chip like the plastic does? Are there any permanent ways to keep the interior pieces the color you want with out "not getting in the car". Lol</span>

[b]
    <span style='color:darkblue'>-See the police slow the ride up</span>

if you do a really good paint job and put a nice clear coat on, paint chipping will be kept to a minimum.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Are you going to remove the dash to paint it or do you have a simpler alternative?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

xSILENTx
    do the make a wood grain viynl or sticker that i can wrap all my pieces with or no? i'm buying all the interior peices from bronx to paint black but i wanna try the wood grain color to.

the_kage
    my boy at the sound shop just completely stipped the interior out of his 350z and used a filler? that is self leveling... took out all of the rough texture of interior pieces.. then did like 5 coats of primer 7 coats of paint and 5 coats of clearcoat. Took him a week and tons of wetsanding. Came out looking like custom fiberglass interior. it was so sweet looking.