The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G63T swaps check in here!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 78
    Boosted 4G63T galant

4G63T swaps check in here!!!

Who here has swap in a 4G63T in there 7 G? Please only check in if you have done it, NO BENCH RACERS. I and almost done with a site of JUST 4G63T powered 7th G's...

I'm one I guess......

sethmo
    In the process

<---

what harness/ecu combo did you go with?

Mindless
    kick ass seth!!!

How much did you pay for the engine? 1g or 2g? Are you doing the tranny swap at the same time?

Def. keep us updated.

sethmo
    $1600 = JDM 6gvr4 4g63t with big 16g and 510cc yellow tops stock

5spd swap will be going down at the same time, the tranny is sitting in my garage as well

TD05H 16g + 7cm exhaust housing = Big 16g

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Seth...who is doing your wiring harness for you or what harness are you using? Congrats on the swap process though!

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

sethmo
    91 Harness with the gvr4 ECU. i know its not the easiest combo, but its the one I am going to do.

I know I will have problems with the wiring, but if I get stuck, Jesse said he will help me out.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

Re: 4G63T swaps check in here!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boosted 4G63T galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Who here has swap in a 4G63T in there 7 G? Please only check in if you have done it, NO BENCH RACERS. I and almost done with a site of JUST 4G63T powered 7th G's...

I'm one I guess...... </div>

a site of just 4g63T 7Gs? i dont think you'll even get over 10 members.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>91 Harness with the gvr4 ECU. Â*i know its not the easiest combo, but its the one I am going to do.

I know I will have problems with the wiring, but if I get stuck, Jesse said he will help me out.</div>

Really? I wonder how hard it will be to wiring the instrument panel harness to work that ECU.

sethmo
    Im not sure, I think i may just buy a 91 ECU that I know that works just to be safe. I know Sabzi used a 1g ecu and 1g harness and he said it was not that hard, just time consuming

I think it would be easier to just use a 2g ECU and just hack your 4g64 SOHC harness. From what Rob said...just have to change a few wires to accomodate the coil pack and Cam angle sensor and knock sensor ect. I was thinking of using a 1g 4g63 harness and ecu since OB1 is a bit easier to tune with. My only obstacle is the wiring harness....and is pretty much the only thing holding back from my project.

sethmo
    Alright, i am switching plans. Galant harness and 2g ecu it is. I know craig runs this setup and after reading JiPs tutorial, it sounds rather painless. So now I am on the search for a good ECU, shouldnt be that hard...

Anyone want to buy some stock gvr4 parts?

Boosted 4G63T galant
    That the way I run mine, But I am havign problem with my Tach right now..
    :oops:

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, i am switching plans. Â*Galant harness and 2g ecu it is. Â*I know craig runs this setup and after reading JiPs tutorial, it sounds rather painless. Â*So now I am on the search for a good ECU, shouldnt be that hard...

Anyone want to buy some stock gvr4 parts?</div>

haha, like what
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

just quick question guys, any 4g63t engine could do? or does it have to be specific eclipse/talon engine, and from what year to what year? my friend has an old engine sitting in his shop and i might do a swap.
    here's the info that i got from him:
    SPECIFICATIONS

»Engine Code: 4G63T
    »Year:90-94-
    »Valve train:TURBO CICLONE
    »Transmission:AWD
    »Displacement:
    »Horsepower:210hp
    »Torque:
    »Compression:

Josh, your swap includes the ff:

»Motor
    »ECU
    »Turbo
    »Distributor
    »Complete Intake Manifold
    »Alternator
    »A/C Power Steering Pump

So will it do? thanks guys![/img]

brandon
    AWD is a no-no unless you're going that route...

well, i could drop the awd transmission and just swap it with a m/t or stay with my auto.. i can definitely do that right? or that's because the layout on the trans of the engine is only for awd?

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant95)</div><div class='quotemain'>well, i could drop the awd transmission and just swap it with a m/t or stay with my auto.. i can definitely do that right? or that's because the layout on the trans of the engine is only for awd?</div>

yes you can use this motor with a m/t or stay auto

hey someone should sticky this post....im buyin a 7g as we speek from one of our brethren and he already has all the parts to do the swap including the ecu and motor (bottom end needs a rebuild tho :evil: )....so long storry short document yer progress guys...we gotta help each other out hahaha

hehe, i'll just sell the awd transmission and stay with my auto.. for now. but most definitely, we need to post some sort of "quick-guide" to engine swapping on this 7g forum!!! ... hey i know there's couple of you guys who already did this, help a brotha out labor costs are very expensive :evil: :!:

yeah, i did a '90 ecu/wiring harness.. it was time consuming because i did not have a galant wiring diagram, now that that is available, it should be simple..

remember guys, if you get an engine from an AWD setup, and you are using a FWD transmission, do not forget that the flywheel must match the transmission! the AWD flywheel has a smaller diameter than the FWD flywheel!

roseme03
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Alright, i am switching plans. Â*Galant harness and 2g ecu it is. Â*I know craig runs this setup and after reading JiPs tutorial, it sounds rather painless. Â*So now I am on the search for a good ECU, shouldnt be that hard...

Anyone want to buy some stock gvr4 parts?</div>
    Where is the JiPs tutorial located at. I would like to use the tutorial as a guide to my setup for my 4g63t swap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast