The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G63T swaps check in here!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 78 of 78
    sethmo
    Just curious, which alternaot, power steering pump, and starter did you guys use?

good stuff, glad that got solved.

used the stock stuff, no need to pay more $$$ for older parts that aren't necessary

Boosted 4G63T galant
    I used the JDM compressor for my A/C (theres a size issue if you use the Cyclone intake). The reset was stock galant P/S etc....

did you have to bend the compressor lines to get the jdm compressor to fit? i got rid of my a/c beccause i have a huge front mount and i would probably have faced cooling issues if i kept the stock radiator (or so i was told). i do want to put a/c back in some time because i just can't take all this heat sometimes lol.

sethmo
    I am not using my A/C. I think I can handle the heat :lauging:

just drop the window, and stick your head out....lol

just be sure to keep you mouth CLOSED!!!!!! lol

sethmo
    How about the starter. What did you all use?

stock starter worked fine

sethmo

!!!

Hey boosted. I need to know, are you useing 1g or 2g sensors? A 1g or 2g ISC? and did you use a 2g MAP sensor?

and holy crap that DSM Motorsports has awesome parts! They have shifter cables and pedal assemblys!!!!!!!

can't speak for boosted, but i'm using a 2g ecu now so i just thought i'd throw this in here.

i'm using a 2g knock sensor, and front o2 sensor, and all other sensors are 1g. currently i have a CEL for the water temp sensor, but the wire going to it looks a bit corroded so it is likely that is why. i don't have a 2g MDP sensor if that's what you're talking about, but i'm using dsmlink which has a few DTCs disabled such as the mdp sensor and the rear o2 sensor, as well as misfire.

sethmo
    dang, I want DSM link

My ECU is out of a 98 AWD though, o well

sethmo
    Also Magnus says I need a 2g fuel rail for a 2g FPR. Are you guys running 2g rails?

Dang I have too many questions...

yeah, dsmlink is sweet, i'm having problems accessing it right now though, i think my wiring may need a bit of touching up lol

if you want to use a 2g afpr then yeah, i believe so, because they do make seperate vers. for 1g and 2g. i have a 1g fuel rail but i'm also using a 1g afpr.

questions are good, esp. if they save you from later headaches and $$$ lol atleast ones that haven't been answered 50 times

Experienced TGC Member
    The 1g FPR has a longer mounting flange then the 2g thus the bolt holes are further apart. However I ran the 1g FPR on my SOHC for a long time I just drilled holes in the mounting flange of the FPR where I needed them, you would do the same if using a 1g FPR on a 2g rail. If your gonna use a 1g rail with a 2g FPR then you have to cut mounting holes at the tops so you can bolt them in.... OR just get a 1g FPR they both flow the same rate. If yoru gona use an adjustable, then tap the rail, install an AN fitting and forget about flanges and sizes all together.

As for sensors, if its a 2g ECU DEFINTLY use a 2g knock sensor or your gona have problems. The rest of teh sensors aside from cam and crank are exactly the same between the years and it doesnt matter. I use the sensors off the stock Galant. As for ISC the 1g and 2g are the same so it doesnt matter, however I suggest dumping the ISC all together it seems to be the best way to go.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Boosted 4G63T galant
    I was using a 1g Knock sensor, but got crazy knock, I use the 2 g now. Ithe rest of the sensors are 1g. I use a 95 E Prom ECU

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosted 4G63T galant
    I was using a 1g Knock sensor, but got crazy knock, I use the 2 g now. Ithe rest of the sensors are 1g. I use a 95 E Prom ECU
    I also use a 95 Eprom its the best, you can get codes listed for certain things like EGR but they dont light up a CEL, unplug your ISC and never get a cel...its defintly an odd ecu.

I know there is definitly a huge difference in 1g and 2g knock sensors electrically. I dont know if the 2g is an upgrade for the 1g sensor, all I know is that if you are using a 2g ecu you MUST use a 2g knock sensor, no choice or the ecu will make ur timing a retard. :laughing:
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Boosted 4G63T galant
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    I dont know if the 2g is an upgrade for the 1g sensor, all I know is that if you are using a 2g ecu you MUST use a 2g knock sensor, no choice or the ecu will make ur timing a retard. :laughing:
    Yep, I learned that one the Hard way!!!!

sethmo
    Well I just installed my Act Xact Streetlite flywheel, Act 2600 clutch and pressure plate. Went to install the throw out bearing on the tranny and realised that I did not have the spring that holds the TOB in place. So now I have to find yet another part. Bah I hate my car :lauging:

And I need a new fuel pump assembly as well. Kinda pinched the top of the fuel line while removing it. The list of parts never ends!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234