The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Went to the track Saturday...

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    brandon

Went to the track Saturday...

Saturday was Mitsubishi Day at Englishtown (NJ) and I figured I'd make the trip down. Ended up taking 5 runs down the track and might have actually won the bracket had the retards dialed me in at the right number (19.9 instead of 17.9... and I ran a 17.902).

Best run was 17.8 at 76mph. Only real mods are the air filter and plug wires. haha

Gotta say though, it's one of the most fun things I've ever done, and I wasn't the slowest car there... there was an 8G that was doing 18.2, and a couple Lancers that were slower than I was.

I'll post some pics in the Pic Forum in a couple days.

nice run... auto right???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>nice run... auto right???</div>

You are correct. I tried a couple different techniques but each run came out about the same.

I'm wondering if I had 'manually' shifted from Drive 1 to 2 and 3 if it might have shaved off a few tenths.

Do you remember what your time was at 1/8 of a mile. Theres a 1/8 mile strip here but I dont wanna look like a fool if my 7g cant even break into the 10's. I know my tundra can run 9's all day long being stock.

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flipz_ny79)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you remember what your time was at 1/8 of a mile. Theres a 1/8 mile strip here but I dont wanna look like a fool if my 7g cant even break into the 10's. I know my tundra can run 9's all day long being stock.</div>

I'll have to bring my timeslips to work with me... I'll try and remember and let you know tomorrow.

Still waiting for my buddy to email me the pictures...

brandon
    I was pretty consistently around 11.5 in the 1/8 mile.

Again, pretty much completely stock, w/18s, spare tire, etc.

GalantGuy96
    how fast do u think my car would get in the q/m if i had a turbo???

soo what technique did u use to get your fastest time???

edit... soo what did u do if u didnt manually shift it wit the auto...power braking???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

redboy
    the fastest i ran at the trak is a 16.09. i got a stik though. still had the 17's on and the 125 pound speaker box in the bak. ima go next time witht he stock 15's on and rip my stereo shat out the bak and see what i come up with. ill post slips next time. oh and thats all stok besides a fart can!!!

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>soo what technique did u use to get your fastest time???

edit... soo what did u do if u didnt manually shift it wit the auto...power braking???</div>

The best run I had was dropping from neutral to drive at about 2K, with overdrive on, then clicking the overdrive off once I hit about 55-60mph.

sethmo
    Ouch, I have a spair tranny for you when yours dies...

brandon
    How about a spare 60mm TB?