The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wheel well splash gaurds

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    xSILENTx

wheel well splash gaurds

Do they really have to be there? One of mine got ripped off when i hit a big puddle so i just took the other one off to make it look right. Not the whole thing just the part infront of the wheel.

Experienced TGC Member
    Mine melted from constantly doing high speeds in the summer. Ive had no problem in the past 3years of driving the car without them. I dont have those stupid lil mudflap thingies on the opposite side of the front fenders either....Wouldnt worry about it.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    They are there for a reason. Usually called fender liners from factory...but they are there to keep road elements suchs as rocks, misc debris, mud, dirt, and water from getting inside the fenders which usually have some wiring to the headlights or turning lamps and usually on the side aprons there are misc holes which lead into the engine bay. Personally....I would keep them.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    a flying rock or even a piece of glass is not gona cut through or even damage an engineharness. It will however make that area dirty as hell. The plastic is more there to protect the wiring from heat.

BTW What part actually came off, the entire liner or just the lower part? I dont see how the entire liner could rip off theres too many screws, its even a bitch to get it off when you have all the screws out.

I think he's probably talking about the lil mud flaps or something else..
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

xSILENTx
    just the lower part with the slots in it

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xSILENTx)</div><div class='quotemain'>just the lower part with the slots in it</div>

Thats what I originally thought, and yes you DEFINTLY do not need that. Dont waste the cash or time replacing it.

I guarantee that the majority of people on this board that drive 90mph on a daily basis have burnt holes into that part.

Friend of mine made a replacement out of thin sheetmetal looked cool, but didnt really look that good on the car at all cause it just looked out of place, so he sold em on ebay.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon