The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Lowering... is it worth it?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Lowering... is it worth it?

Im caught up in a dilemma, I dont know if its worth it to lower the car. I plan on puttin rims this summer maybe. My only reason for adding the springs would be so I can hold turns tighter, not for the look of the drop itself. My rear suspension is already gone, so the back is sitting pretty low. Do you guys think a 1.5" drop will make a big difference in the cornering, and is it worth the 200 bucks?

as a side note, anyone know about how much they charge to install those springs?

00' Diamante LS
    93' Galant n/a (gave to my bro)

mjc1055
    A resounding YES! Lowering your car will improve your cornering very much. As far as the installation, charges will vary from shop to shop, but expect anywehre between $75-$150 depending on where you go.

92mpi
    YES!!! it will definitely improve your handling. just had mine lowered 2inches 3 weeks ago and i'm very happy with the ride (not that harsh on the freeway) & performance. tested the braking distance and cornering this morning and it was better. BTW, i also had 4 new shocks installed (KYB fluid type).

well if your rear springs and shocks are gone. well this will be a good time to upgrade. i mean the cost of aftermarket is about the same, if not cheaper than parts from the dealer and usually better than the dealer parts so it would be worth it to lower the car.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Re: Lowering... is it worth it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rollingwithdubz)</div><div class='quotemain'> <span style='color:red'>My only reason for adding the springs would be so I can hold turns tighter, not for the look of the drop itself.</span> Â*My rear suspension is already gone, so the back is sitting pretty low. Â*Do you guys think a 1.5" drop will make a big difference in the cornering, and is it worth the 200 bucks?

as a side note, anyone know about how much they charge to install those springs?</div>

You are the only person I have ever heard say that...

I dropped mine ONLY for the looks of it 8) .. the Galant 4x4 monster truck look is NOT cool..

BEORE (4x4)

AFTER (sexAy)
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

Dropping your ride almost always ensures a better handling ride, i.e. better cornering. It also gives the driver a better feel for the road, so you know what's going on with the road grip...

My brother dropped his merc 1.5", and I hardly believed the difference!
    Before: BS "comfort" ride with a lot of body roll. Useless :-)
    After: Now has a good "sportscar" feel to it, and outmaneuvers a lot of cars you wouldn't think it would do... Sure, we can't keep up on a long stretch, but whenever the other guy has to slow down because of a tight turn, we whizz right by him!

Jan Kenneth
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the difference is amazing and instantly noticeable. one thing that really turned me on was i had a girl in my car when i had coilovers, and she got out of my car, and she said "omg, you're car is so low! i feel like i'm in a sportscar" i was like THATS RIGHT BITCH!!!! she insisted i take her on the twisties and we had a blast with her screaming through all the turns. if you get pro kit with AGXs, you will devour corners like a fat chick devours M&Ms.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Galant GK1
    what brand of springs are you lookin at getting?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>the difference is amazing and instantly noticeable. one thing that really turned me on was i had a girl in my car when i had coilovers, and she got out of my car, and she said "omg, you're car is so low! i feel like i'm in a sportscar" i was like THATS RIGHT BITCH!!!! she insisted i take her on the twisties and we had a blast with her screaming through all the turns. if you get pro kit with AGXs, you will devour corners like a fat chick devours M&Ms.</div>

What's wrong with having a taste for tasty M&Ms????? :evil:
    --- Hell Hath No Fury Like My 4G63 ---

www.silvergalant.com

DMS GSR
    go for the drop, it will handle much beta and look good 2

I say go for it also. Not only does it look better, but you'll improve your cars safety factor. You'll have the ability to corner harder to avoid accidents, and less nose dive under braking. Be sure to get some upgraded struts/shocks too.
    Jason V.
    [b]<span style='color:red'>EVOL-ART / Evolution Artisan Tuning</span>
    If you want to fight the power, get the power to fight!
    <span style='color:blue'>C53A '89 Plymouth Colt GT Turbo 4G61T
    E38A '90 Mitsubishi Galant GSX 4G63T
    E39A '91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1823/2000
    D27A '90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 4G63T</span>