The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MAS Adapter

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

MAS Adapter

I am going to make a MAS adapter for my 95 s at school in metals. Can someone please give me the dimensions of the adapter. Thanks

a simple MAS adaptor will consist of 2 pieces. a rectangular plate and a piece of pipe. the pipe will be used to clamp the filter onto. for a simple MAS adaptor, i suggest like around a 3 inch pipe. for hte ractangular plate. its just a rectangular plate with a hole in each corner so that you can bolt the plate onto the MAS. in the middle of the plate will be a hole where you weld the pipe onto and will feed the air into the MAS.
    you'll probably end up making something like this

as for the measurements here's a picture

the holes for the bolts you can use. same thing with the height and the wdith for hte plate. the drawing of the plate has the rounded parts in the middle because it at one time had a big 5 inch pipe to clamp the filter onto. you cna use a 5 inch pipe but you will run into issue with a transition of the 5 inch pipe to something smaller since the opening in the MAS, is around 3 inches.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

OK so the dimensions in the Mitsu drawing are correct but i can just leave out the rounded part and have a smaller opening that is 3 inches? Correct me if i am not understanding correctly

the measurements are correct. another thing i forget to mention instead of that octagon shape cutout in the middle, you might want to use just a circle, like the nissan one since on the one pictured, there was a transition between the 5 inch pipe opening and the plate on the adaptor

Just getting around to making this now. How wide is this piece. What does 5 18" mean? 5" and 18th of an inch?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LJM9000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just getting around to making this now. How wide is this piece. What does 5 18" mean? Â*5" and 18th of an inch?</div>

5 and 1/8

sethmo
    Take off your stock air box and measure for yourself. That will probably give you a better idea of what you need to do