The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7gers + 17s = Post here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27
    sethmo

7gers + 17s = Post here!

Well I am going to be buying some 17s within the week. i want at least 7.5" wide wheels, preferabl 8". All these people are running skinny 7" wheels, thats no good to me. What size of tires and offset would work best with 7.5" or 8" wheels? I want the wheels and tires to fill the end of the fender, not sticking out at all. Anyone have any suggestions?

Experienced TGC Member
    I'd look for a 40mm offset then, maybe even a 38 if you wanna get crazy!
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well, i have 17x7s, and i was told nothing over 7" wide would fit on a lowered 7G (you being one the people that told me) so are you sure than a 17x8 will fit on a pro kit? i've looked at my car with my 17s on, and the back wheels are so close to hitting the arm for the struts.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

sethmo
    yah they are probably too wide, I guess i can stick with 17x7s with a meaty tire. What size tire were you using on ur galant wheels 2true? Yours looked very nice.

Im thinking 225 or 235/40/17?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>yah they are probably too wide, I guess i can stick with 17x7s with a meaty tire. Â*What size tire were you using on ur galant wheels 2true? Â*Yours looked very nice.

Im thinking 225 or 235/40/17?</div>

215 is the widest you can fit with 7" wide wheels
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    HAHA.. 235 ratio my ass! No way in hell

mine were 215/40 on the Galant. The rims were a 42 offset and just barely made it under the fender, that's why I think a 40 will be perfect. But there is no doubt in my mind that you'll want to roll the rear fenders with that offset because you are already dropped 2" and you could have seriously problems if your fender hits the sidewall of the tire.... BOOM!
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

sethmo
    Hmmm you have about the same drop as I do. I guess I can try 225/35/17. My dads crossfire has some 225/35/19 in the rear in 18s in the front and the ride is still pretty descent. I dont know yet, Ill keep looking around...

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>yah they are probably too wide, I guess i can stick with 17x7s with a meaty tire. Â*What size tire were you using on ur galant wheels 2true? Â*Yours looked very nice.

215 is the widest you can fit with 7" wide wheels</div>

:retard:

215, not 235

...U N D E A D...

sethmo
    Jesse ran 225 in the front and 235 in the rear, but rubbed in the rear. He was also dropped at least 2" and this was on 18s and no fender roll...

I think I am going to go with 225s, 215s are just too skinny. Maybe good for NA drivers, but not for us forced FWD cars

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Jesse ran 225 in the front and 235 in the rear, but rubbed in the rear. Â*He was also dropped at least 2" and this was on 18s and no fender roll...

I think I am going to go with 225s, 215s are just too skinny. Â*Maybe good for NA drivers, but not for us forced FWD cars</div>

What's the offset of the wheels you want seth? I just got my sportlines on, and the wheels that I want have a 43mm offset....just curious.

sethmo
    ok Jesse had 225 all the way around with 40 series tires, not sure on the offset. I just want a 17x7 wheel with the best offset that would let me run 225/40 tires and fill the wheel well nicely

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok Jesse had 225 all the way around with 40 series tires, not sure on the offset. Â*I just want a 17x7 wheel with the best offset that would let me run 225/40 tires and fill the wheel well nicely</div>

40 offset.

With a little camber from your drop you should be right on.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

sethmo
    K thats what I will go with

Theres a set of ADR wheels on eBay for cheap I am going to grab then go to my local tire shop and get some tires mounted...

sethmo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TITAN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>yah they are probably too wide, I guess i can stick with 17x7s with a meaty tire. Â*What size tire were you using on ur galant wheels 2true? Â*Yours looked very nice.

215, not 235</div>

Explain your reasoning :retard:

Mindless
    what about a 17's w/ a 43mm offset w/ sportlines on? I may have to adjust the camber in the front.

brandon
    When I had my 17s on and the car dropped 3 inches or so, I had 215/40 on a 7 inch rim, no rubbing at all even with the drop.

Now I have 18X7.5 and 225/40, with the pro-kit and I rub when taking sharp turns or occasionally over a bump in the front... and both in the front and back pretty much at all times whenever there's 1 or more people in the car besides me.

Never had my 17s on with the pro-kit.

Hope that helps some...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about a 17's w/ a 43mm offset w/ sportlines on? I may have to adjust the camber in the front.</div>

43... better stick with 205/40 if you don't want to rub.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mindless)</div><div class='quotemain'>what about a 17's w/ a 43mm offset w/ sportlines on? I may have to adjust the camber in the front.</div>

43... better stick with 205/40 if you don't want to rub.</div>

k, thanks wes.

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TITAN)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>yah they are probably too wide, I guess i can stick with 17x7s with a meaty tire. Â*What size tire were you using on ur galant wheels 2true? Â*Yours looked very nice.

215, not 235</div>

Explain your reasoning :retard:</div>

its in millimeters, right? hopefully...

235mm=9.25in

so im pretty sure it wouldnt werk with a 7.5 inch tire

...U N D E A D...

Experienced TGC Member
    I think peano was reffering to that setup as mounted on a 7g.

A 235 will def fit a 7.5" wheel, but application wise it would never work unless you had some serious fender work done.
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast