The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: question about Hi Flow Cat...

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

question about Hi Flow Cat...

i was wondering, where do you install it? meaning, when i install my Headers and Aftermarket flexpipe, where do i place the HF Cat? does it go behind the flexpipe? im thinking about buying a HF Cat in a few days, any help would be appreciated.

u unbolt the stock one... its a lil further down from the flex pipe ull see it... gonna have to go to muffler shop n weld it in since its probably not a bolt on...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

BlankMan
    True - unless you get/have the RIPP headers which include the mid-pipe and HFC already mounted...

J

mjc1055
    Eh? Ripp headers come with the midpipe? You sure it's not the downpipe?

BlankMan
    Yes, I'm sure - I have them. The Ripp headers are not "shorty's" - and extend from the exhaust ports to past the oil pan. Then the mid pipe goes from there to the cat-back section of your exhaust... hope that makes sense. I posted pics way back when I first got em...somewhere.

J

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>u unbolt the stock one... its a lil further down from the flex pipe ull see it... gonna have to go to muffler shop n weld it in since its probably not a bolt on...</div>

the ones I have are a direct bolt up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>u unbolt the stock one... its a lil further down from the flex pipe ull see it... gonna have to go to muffler shop n weld it in since its probably not a bolt on...</div>

okay, but my quetion is, if i get the OBX(bolt on) that Mindless sells, can i bolt that on to my flexpipe that came w/ my RPW headers? seeing that you mentioned the stock cat is a little further back from the flexpipe. because the new flexpipe is longer than the stock one, and so is the OBX HF cat, so can i just bolt on the OBX HF cat to the RPW headers?

this is whatim talking about. 1st, comes the RPW headers. 2nd, i connect the RPW flexpipe to the RPW headers. 3rd, i connect the OBX HF Cat to the RPW headers? that what im thinking. can i install it this way?
    thaks for the responses. i appreciate it guys!!!

Mindless, if everything goes corroding to plan, you'll hear from me soon buddy!

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>u unbolt the stock one... its a lil further down from the flex pipe ull see it... gonna have to go to muffler shop n weld it in since its probably not a bolt on...</div>

okay, but my quetion is, if i get the OBX(bolt on) that Mindless sells, can i bolt that on to my flexpipe that came w/ my RPW headers? seeing that you mentioned the stock cat is a little further back from the flexpipe. because the new flexpipe is longer than the stock one, and so is the OBX HF cat, so can i just bolt on the OBX HF cat to the RPW headers?

this is whatim talking about. 1st, comes the RPW headers. 2nd, i connect the RPW flexpipe to the RPW headers. 3rd, i connect the OBX HF Cat to the RPW headers? that what im thinking. can i install it this way?
    thaks for the responses. i appreciate it guys!!!

Mindless, if everything goes corroding to plan, you'll hear from me soon buddy!</div>

Does the RPW flexpipe run all the way to the stock cat? It'd have to be pretty long if it did.

It should be RPW header, flexpipe going to the stock piping, and then a little further back the stock cat. Holler at me when you want to order.

ok thanks.
    the RPW headers ARE pretty long. it should conenct to the flex pipe i got with it. this new flex pipe is BIGGER than the stock flexpipe. but i guess i'll go to a shop and ask them about it. thanks for the help guys.

edit**
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

alrigth guys, well after thinking about it for a few dayz. i have come to a conclusion, and i think im just going to buy an exhasut w/ the straight pipe that connects all the way to the headers. maybe from flowmasters, but im still not sure. thanks agian guys. help me out some.

brandon
    Make sure you pass emissions before you do it.

i aint really worried about emissions, my next test isnt til '06, so until then i wouldnt mind spending a few hours on changing the exhaust system every few years. thanks for the heads up though

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>i aint really worried about emissions, my next test isnt til '06, so until then i wouldnt mind spending a few hours on changing the exhaust system every few years. thanks for the heads up though</div>

lucky lucky, out here in cali, it's every time you register, which is every 2 years, and the smog here is strict as hell, this one guy tried to fail me cause the inside of my muffler was too dirty
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    Ours in CT are really f'ed up right now. It's supposed to be every two years, but for the last year and half now they've been reorganizing everything so there will be no more emissions stations. You're supposed to go to a qualified mechanic instead...

Only problem was I guess they failed some ridiculous amount of people when they shouldn't have and now the state is getting sued etc.

Pretty funny actually. I still haven't gotten my notice that it's time to re-new.

brandon
    I was thinking about getting one... so, am I correct in assuming since it's a direct bolt-on, that it's 2 1/4" inlet/outlet?

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I was thinking about getting one... so, am I correct in assuming since it's a direct bolt-on, that it's 2 1/4" inlet/outlet?</div>

it's a direct bolt on..but I think the piping is 2.5"..great for frcd 4drs

brandon
    Hmm... I may have to get one from you then if it's 2.5". I was planning on doing 2.5" all the way back, and with the cat I still might pass emissions.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmm... I may have to get one from you then if it's 2.5". I was planning on doing 2.5" all the way back, and with the cat I still might pass emissions. Â* </div>

I know bro..yous should get one

pm me and I'll hook you up.