The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension question

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Kain

Suspension question

I recently acquired a set of Eibach pro-kit springs. And as I await their arival, I began to ponder... On RRE's site they don't sell KYB AGX springs for the 2G Eclipse because they say the strut length is too long for cars that are lowered at all. Now, the Galant shares most of it's suspension with the 2G Eclipse. So my question is: When I actually get together the money to buy the AGXs and put them on with the Eibachs, will I have a bad ride? Ride quality is important to me, which is why I was loathe to mess with the suspension at all. Also, I know that with Koni struts a couple of places will modify the strut for use with lowered vehicles to maintain full movement of the strut. Does KYB offer this same service? Over the summer one of my struts started to give out, so I'm going to have to do something about it before too long. and I figure I might as well upgrade the whole thing and be set for the rest of the life of the car.

Experienced TGC Member
    KYB AGX + Eibach = :thumbsup:

I wouldn't worry Kain, that's great setup. If your looking for it to be as soft as the OEM setup then you'll be disappointed. If your ready for a sports suspension then you will not.
    I had close to that setup for nearly a year, except I had the GR-2's, and it was great all around. Cornering was tight, and the ride not tooooo stiff. It will be a tad bit bouncy at first I will warn you but it should settle after like a month.
    The Eibachs don't really drop the car far enough to worry about strut rod travel. When I drop my Skunks like 3 inches... then it becomes a problem.
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

schick
    read my opinion CLICK HERE

After a month, the ride has gotten better tho'. Not as hard nor bouncy, but stiff when you need it (around corners!)

Edit
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!