The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone install their own springs??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you have patience and can remove and re-install bolts, the camber kit should be no problem either. Â*Hardest thing really would be if you have rusted bolts that are hard to get out - breaker bar or impact wrench is always good to have.

J</div>
    PB Blaster from autozone works better. Just spray on and let it sit overnight, the night before you do it. Bolts and nuts should slide right off in the morning.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanx peano, instructions right in the box w. it too? Or just your knowledge?</div>

no, no instructions, just the springs (and stickers ). i was scared before doing my first suspension related job on my car, but once you get the wheels off and really look around inside, you'll be amazed at how simple suspension really is. just unscrew all the bolts that hold the strut/spring combo in the car, take off the spring with a spring compressor, and reverse that. just make sure you remember how the strut/spring assembly went together. when you take it apart, lay the parts down in order so you can just pick them up backwards for a perfect installation. i cannot stress how easy suspension is on our cars, just takes a long time.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Still easier and safer to do with a compressor IMHO</div>

Yes, I agree.

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you have patience and can remove and re-install bolts, the camber kit should be no problem either. Â*Hardest thing really would be if you have rusted bolts that are hard to get out - breaker bar or impact wrench is always good to have.

J</div>
    PB Blaster from autozone works better. Just spray on and let it sit overnight, the night before you do it. Bolts and nuts should slide right off in the morning.</div>

I just discovered PB Blaster a few weeks ago... good stuff.

sethmo
    PB Blaster = gOd of rusted bolts...

Serstylz2 you are about as useful as a match in the ocean. Get a life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12