The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Crappy 6 disc indash changer

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Crappy 6 disc indash changer

I bought the factory 6 disc indash CD changer and lately it has been giving me an error reading..."E 03", whatever that means. The way I usually fix it is to beat the crap out of my center dash area and hit the side of the changer, but it takes awhile & dangerous when driving. Are the discs getting stuck in there or something. Stupid thing has been pissing me the hell off. Any ideas would help and does anyone else with a factory changer have this problem??

its a disc read error..
    could be for a lot of reasons.
    1)crappy cd
    2)copied cd
    3)moisture on the cd or in the drive
    4)damaged laser tracking
    5)dirty laser lens.
    6)etc.etc.etc.

get it fixed under warranty.

Senior TGC Member
    All I know is there's been lots of complaints about the factory 6 disc changer...I think 2 magazines reviewing the Galant had trouble getting past track 10 on some discs.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

An update, the piece of crap won't play at all now. I got it earlier to play, but it played a bunch of static and won't play at all now. I can't even eject the damn discs out. I called the dealer and said since I have 38,000 miles...it's not under warranty, but they'll look at it. What kind of crap is that, when does the CD changer have to do with miles? I do have the extended warranty though, but with a $50 deductible. This changer sucks and now I cracked my windshield again, this will be my 2nd windshield in 6 months. Now I need 4 new tires...I'm getting depressed now.

speedygalant
    I still have my cd changer. i only used it for a month until i installed my alpine entertainment system. make me an offer or just go to my website if you want to replace your factory radio and cd changer. Good luck.
    www.audiostoyou.com

Thanks Manybrews & Rallifan for the answers. I have CD-R's in there and never did use a CD cleaner. Anyway, how the hell do I get the damn things out now, I tried for 30 mins and won't get the hell out. They won't eject and I don't hear the player thing moving inside anymore. I think the power cord to it might be loose or something because the lights on it flicker. Piece of crap. I'm getting a new one from the dealer for $50 because I'm 2,000 miles over the 36,000 warranty but had the car for 1.5 years, and I have the gold extended warranty package...he wanted $500 if I didn't have the extended warranty. If this one screws up too, I'm just going to replace the whole damn system in my car...which I should have done in the first place.