The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd swap

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    DSMBadBoy

5spd swap

does the manual tranny out of the 00 and newer 4cyl eclipses bolt up to the 4cyl galant and if so how hard is the swap.

www.galantforums.com it's been done once for sure 2x questionably - no its a bit more involved

Stay tuned - Vtec Killer is supposed to be writing a tutorial on how to do the swap.

8ggalant
    yes they do...ill also be doin mine soon (soon as i get a damn clutch)

Experienced TGC Member

Re: 5spd swap

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DSMBadBoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>does the manual tranny out of the 00 and newer 4cyl eclipses bolt up to the 4cyl galant and if so how hard is the swap.</div>

Dont expect massive gains. VTEC took on a 8g v6 and still lost. Though then again he had his girl in the car, and he may not have been driving it to its fullest potential.

8ggalant
    well id hope yer not lookin for massive gains....the 5spd SHOULD free up 5-10whp tho

Re: 5spd swap

Jet Black, don't you have 16'' wheels on you car?? How can you have 205/55 with 17 on our cars? That's just funny. Plus the rubber is kinda big for 17''.

Just my .02

javascript:emoticon('8)')

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet Black)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DSMBadBoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>does the manual tranny out of the 00 and newer 4cyl eclipses bolt up to the 4cyl galant and if so how hard is the swap.</div>

Dont expect massive gains. VTEC took on a 8g v6 and still lost. Though then again he had his girl in the car, and he may not have been driving it to its fullest potential.</div> 8)