The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Reducer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 37
    neonsigns

Reducer?

I just bought a OBX CAI. I was told that I need a rubber reducer to fit a CAI to the MAS. Does anyone know what the size of the MAS opening on an 8G I4 is? Any help is greatly appreciated

I had one and I had a problem with that as well, if you line up the pipe you will notice that the pipe is smaller that the throttle body as well. You may need two adapters for the intake to work. Dont get me wrong the intake looked eally nice but it just did not work for me.

clone2020
    Throttle Body = 2.75"
    MAS = 3"

So, it all depends on what the piping size is.

I have a guy I go through that has those cuffs/reducers/couplers. I'll try to find his info...

-MIKE.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Did you get this CAI from Mindless?

neonsigns
    Yes I did

Mindless
    Yeah OBX fucked up majorly with the intakes. It's a nightmare. I'm trying to get it worked out w/ clone right now on getting some reducers b/c I'm not dealing with OBX anymore.

Dam... looks like I'm back to square one w. buyin a CAI

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Dam... looks like I'm back to square one w. buyin a CAI</div>

Once / if I get the reducers from clone I'll holler at you.

Aight cool.

This is a bit off the topic but it is not mindless' fault , i got one from him and he was a pleasure to deal with. He was really understanding and helped me as much as possible, too bad I never got it to work and now I have to buy an expensive one. But any way mindless is definitely a good person to deal with and I recommend him to anyone. I would not hesitate to deal with him again. :thumbsup:

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bergundy2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is a bit off the topic but it is not mindless' fault , i got one from him and he was a pleasure to deal with. He was really understanding and helped me as much as possible, too bad I never got it to work and now I have to buy an expensive one. But any way mindless is definitely a good person to deal with and I recommend him to anyone. I would not hesitate to deal with him again. Â*:thumbsup:</div>

Thanks bro, I really appreciate it.

Oh please dont't think I'm upset with YOU mindless. We've been nothing but on good terms since I joined the site. I just get frusterated sometimes.

If you are still looking for an intake try this one, I am going to get it as soon as I get the money for it
    http://www.adventon.com/acb/basket/purchas...ase.cfm?&DID=24
    it is the AEM V2 for an eclipes 4CYL. The price is really good 235.00 it is the cheapest that I have found so far for that intake.

clone2020
    "Mike,
    We only have one of the 2.5" to 3" in stock. We have five 3" in
    stock. We checked with our distributor and they are completely out of the yellow.
    If you want the one we have, please let us know.
    Thanks"

Mindless,
    You might have to switch to red or blue cuffs and take the loss on the yellow ones. I don't know, it's up to you.

I do have another source but their prices aren't economical if you know what I mean. $20 per cuff.

here's two places that have the couplings. http://www.roadraceengineering.com/hoseandclamps.htm http://www.extrememotorsports.com/g3cat/hoses.htm

they have multiple colors. and the prices aren't that bad. silicon couplings too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

clone2020
    If you look at pinoyesv6's links, thay're also out of yellow cuffs and they cost about $20 each not including shipping.

-MIKE.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you look at pinoyesv6's links, thay're also out of yellow cuffs and they cost about $20 each not including shipping.

-MIKE.</div>

you don't need that. you just need some Straight Silicone Hose

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>Oh please dont't think I'm upset with YOU mindless. We've been nothing but on good terms since I joined the site. I just get frusterated sometimes.</div>

Oh, not at all man. I didn't even take it like that

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'>"Mike,
    We only have one of the 2.5" to 3" in stock. Â*We have five 3" in
    stock. Â*We checked with our distributor and they are completely out of the yellow.
    If you want the one we have, please let us know. Â* Â* Â*
    Thanks"

Mindless,
    You might have to switch to red or blue cuffs and take the loss on the yellow ones. I don't know, it's up to you.

I do have another source but their prices aren't economical if you know what I mean. $20 per cuff.</div>

Theproblem is that I don't know exactly how many I need per kit. I think 3, but I'm not sure.

clone2020
    Yeah, you should only need 3.

1. Throttle Body to Pipe #1
    2. Pipe #1 to MAS
    3. MAS to Pipe # 2

And the cone filter should fit directly onto pipe # 2.

I bought these quick release clamps so I can put the short ram on when I need to. I got them at circuit city.

-MIKE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast