The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: summer has plans for everyone eh?....

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    steveo1

summer has plans for everyone eh?....

i plan on goin turbo on the 64 from the bottom end up. tell me anything that i should know when going turbo and what should be upgaded to run high to mid 13's. i know there are many of you out there that can talk all day about em, and I don't care if you do but it would help me. thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    when you're done installing everything, and it's all good to go, ship it to me for one year so i can tune it for your. if you don't do this, you will be a failure
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

interals. Your car is too damn heavy to go mid 13's on a stock motor. I weigh 2600lbs and will be looking at mid-high consistent 13's on 9lbs @ 22lbs/min airflow.

sethmo
    A) Ditch the auto tranny
    Pistons and rods, not necessarily lower comp pistons, just stronger. I heard 1g big rods fit wih a little modding...
    C) 1g/2g headswap, not a must but a good idea

TGC Regular
    i think you'd be better swapping to the 4g63t there is more aftermarket support for it.

and yeah, get rid of the auto tranny if you are really serious about going fast and boosting.

and do you have the dohc or sohc? cause its not worth turboing anything other then the dohc in my opinion.

leadfoot
    ask shane about the 5 speed tranny it can be done but it isnt easy i would personally get the stage 2 SDS if i were you (i am). after selling my rims( if your interested they are 18'Diablo D6 silver racing rims with chrome lip, in cooper mastercraft tires 235-40-18zhp)want 1000 for them just got the tires a month ago) i am gong to put that money toward the SDS- tired of waiting so long.