The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 20hp gain?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    DSMBadBoy

20hp gain?

has any body ever used a risistor in there Air intake sensor to increase timing if so what size risistor due you use and also whar is the AIT sensor

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i think you're talking about those "chips" that you can buy on ebay that claim they give you 20hp gains. they dont really give you any gains, and they just make you run rich, and you'll blow something in your engine very quickly and soon. you're basically tricking the MAS into thinking you're getting more air than you really are, so it starts adding more fuel. problem is, the O2 sensors will see that you're running rich all of a sudden, and they'll try to lean it out, but since you added that shitty radio shack resistor, it'll force the car to run rich again. you're gonna fry something, and it won't be cheap to fix.

or did i miss your question entirely?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think you're talking about those "chips" that you can buy on ebay that claim they give you 20hp gains. they dont really give you any gains, and they just make you run rich, and you'll blow something in your engine very quickly and soon. you're basically tricking the MAS into thinking you're getting more air than you really are, so it starts adding more fuel. problem is, the O2 sensors will see that you're running rich all of a sudden, and they'll try to lean it out, but since you added that shitty radio shack resistor, it'll force the car to run rich again. you're gonna fry something, and it won't be cheap to fix.

or did i miss your question entirely? Â*</div>
    you're not going to blow up running rich, you're just going to go through plugs fast, and run shitty, and build up a shit load of carbon deposits on your motor.