The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1g parts

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    TGC Regular

1g parts

Alright lets say that I've can get ahold of 1g turbo parts(exhaust manifold, turbo, downpipe, all gaskets, oil pan, all oil lines, o2 sensor housing) for cheap and I want to turbo my 7g. I know the exhuast manifold will work, but what else will and what else from a 1g can I use. Thanks. - Dan

when is we gon be free????

Boosted 4G63T galant
    Exhaust Manifold - Yes
    Turbo - Yes
    Downpipe - No
    Oilpan - Yes
    02 Houseing - Yes

You have to make a downpipe, And tap your block for the oil line. You have to spot there, and might even have the holw blocked off.

TGC Regular
    so the 2g oil pan is a must? Does anyone else know what else I use from a 1g to turbo a 7g? BTW Thanks boosted

when is we gon be free????

Boosted 4G63T galant
    I'm sorry Bro. I didn't read what I was typing. The 1G pan is a GO!! I will work.

sethmo
    Scrap the 1g exhaust mani, they always have cracks. Go with an evo 3 exhaust manifold like me

Or get a 2g mani, they are a lot better than 1g manis...

Experienced TGC Member
    I dont think the 1g pan will work. I have 2 oilpans 1g and 2g the 1g pan is flat all across the mounting flange. That will defintly not work as our oil pan flange has a curve in the section that goes under the crank pulley end. The 2g pan has that curve. Whatever year you get the pan from just make sure it had that curve in it and you can use it, the bolt patterns are the same, you just need the curve to fit.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon