The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: altenator bolt...

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    the_kage

altenator bolt...

I need the bolt that connects the altenator to the ?frame? not the screw type bolt for adjustment... just the bolt that actually goes through the base of altenator and has a keyed head... flat on one side... anyone know where I can get one.. and yeah.. i dont have a dealer around here and no galants in my junkyard either..

sethmo
    talk to bronxbomber. I know autozone and parts stores dont carry bolts like that

Experienced TGC Member
    just go to homedepot and get a long bolt with a nut and call it a day. It's just a bolt dude no big deal.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

the_kage
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    just go to homedepot and get a long bolt with a nut and call it a day. It's just a bolt dude no big deal.
    Did that. Used a lock washer too... and it didnt work so well.. it keeps comming out of place.. and then the alt gets out of place a little bit and the belt starts whining and I have to tighten that damn bolt like once every two weeks.

i had that same problem, my friends at Firestone told me that added a lock nut, and everythings been fine ever since. Its been like 6 months(i believe). Hope you get it fixed.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    I have it but have to remeber where i put all those old nuts and bolts. Will keep you posted.

Wow I have so much stuff to look for and ship out its ridiculous.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Experienced TGC Member
    Ye all you need is a lock nut, but you said you tried that and it didnt work, So after you tighten it all up, add another nut to the end, hold the first nut with a wrench and tighten the second up against it, they will never budge, if they do you have some SERIOUS engine vibration to make them suckers come loose.. OR your a panzy and not strong enough to make them really tight =D

Just kiddin
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

redboy
    had the same problem...i just used whatever screw pattern was closest and tighten the shat out if it, had to cuz mine would start screamin again. good luk fixin that.....