The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: passenger window

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    dre24k
    my window goes up real slow after it rains

lube the runchannel with some type of liquid silicon.

unclesteve

passenger window

i'm having the same problem. it's more then likely your window motor. it's a dealer only part. it costs around $125.00.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dre24k)</div><div class='quotemain'>my window goes up real slow after it rains Â*:(</div>

i'd listen carefully when it does that. to help pinpoint the problem, maybe there is friction somewhere, maybe there is a short, maybe on of the window mechanisms are slipping or damaged

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>probably a failed window regulator..

i think i replaced a few THOUSAND of those from 94 to 97, before they changed the design.</div>

So my 98 has the re-designed model? Kewl...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

smonijhay
    yeah I got the same problem, my driver's side window sometimes just doesn't want to roll up (and that was AFTER I replaced the regulator). I think I may have a short in mine. When I fiddle with it for a few minutes, it goes back up. Sometimes I have to "help" my back window go up because it gets stuck. I can tell that one isn't a power issue..... just sticky

Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    probably a failed window regulator..

i think i replaced a few THOUSAND of those from 94 to 97, before they changed the design.
    So my 98 has the re-designed model? Kewl...
    it still has the potential to fail.

Experienced TGC Member
    LOL, always the optimist manybrews! haha, I burned one out last winter trying to open a window that was frozen shut! Come to think of it, most of my car problems boil down to me being an idiot... I'm getting better though :thumbsup:
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

94reyES

Common problem

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews
    probably a failed window regulator..

i think i replaced a few THOUSAND of those from 94 to 97, before they changed the design.
    I had to replace my power window motor on my 94ES last year. A buddy of mine had the exact same problem. I guess you'd have to do the same.

im serious when i said ive replaced a thousand of those, you know..

alright, maybe thats a small exaggeration, but not much.. i think my record was 6 in a day, and at least one everyday for 18 days.

they were REALLY crappy...

smonijhay
    Question: Has Mitsu ever recalled those regulators?

mozelle69
    I guess I can chime in with the same problem.....at first, it would be slow to roll up.....then it would have to make up its mind if it wanted to go.....now I can roll the SOB down, but it won't go back up....however, this is only with the control on the driver side.....the control on the passenger door does fine.....