The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 40

turbo?

what is the best/cheapest turbo i can go with that will give me the best outcome...? all i need is:

turbo
    wastegate
    new exhaust
    exhaust mani
    FMIC
    BOV
    and nething else?

let me know what parts are the best for the cheapest price possible!!!
    Diego

I despise posts like this because they show the incredible lack of knowledge some people have about things they want to put on their cars, not to mention their lack of motivation to do it RIGHT, instead of saying "tell me where i can find the cheapest shit thanks."

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>I despise posts like this because they show the incredible lack of knowledge some people have about things they want to put on their cars, not to mention their lack of motivation to do it RIGHT, instead of saying "tell me where i can find the cheapest shit thanks."</div>

yeah, i hate it when people cut corners on something this high tech and expensive. just because everyone wants/has a turbo, doesn't mean it's easy and all shits and giggles. assuming you're an I4, you can pretty much research anything for the non V6 eclipses, and it's practically the same application.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

sethmo
    Heh you need at least a EGT and Boost gauges.

-Manual boost controller
    -Custom intercooler piping
    -Oil lines for the turbo
    -turbo oil pan or tap yours-
    -02 housing
    -02 sensor
    -some sort of fuel modifier
    -new fuel pump
    -larger injectors

Wastegate should be on the turbo seeing how you want the cheapest setup, an internal gate will be ok. Steer clear from the t-25 turbo, but a 14b if you want a cheap used turbo. Also aftermarket BOVs are overrated for small setups, just grab a crushed 1g BOV.

Its a lot more complicated than you think, and do research man, thats how I learned. YOu have to want to learn how to do it yourself and you will do a lot of reading. So if you dont like to read, take your car to a shop...

brandon
    I did notice his screen name has "V6" in it...

I'd say your best bet to get the answers your looking for (other than research of course), would be to contact the guy who owns this page:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/404874

I forget his s/n on here...

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did notice his screen name has "V6" in it... Â*

I'd say your best bet to get the answers your looking for (other than research of course), would be to contact the guy who owns this page:

I forget his s/n on here...</div>

i also just saw the dual exhaust in his avatar, so if you're a V6, you can't turbo. i mean, you can, but that's like saying you can drop a W18 into a civic, you just can't. you want to supercharge, Vegasmatt and one other guy are supercharged from SDS. good power gains, you can outrun Evos and STis
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

to the ones that help me out.. thanks.. for the ones that are total queers and instead of sayin nicely yeah ur lookin at a lot of money and sayin ur shit... this makes me want to leave this fuckin tgc.... god damn.. anyways thanks guys for the help!
    Diego

sethmo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did notice his screen name has "V6" in it... Â*

i also just saw the dual exhaust in his avatar, so if you're a V6, you can't turbo. i mean, you can, but that's like saying you can drop a W18 into a civic, you just can't. you want to supercharge, Vegasmatt and one other guy are supercharged from SDS. good power gains, you can outrun Evos and STis</div>

Lmao wtf are you talking about??? Why cant you turbo the v6??? You should research yourself before you open your mouth. Ive seen turbo v6 6a72s with my own eyes...

And Ripp makes the "SDS" system for the 8g i4 and v6. And you just cant blatantly say that you will outrun Evos and STis with the SDS...

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did notice his screen name has "V6" in it... Â*

i also just saw the dual exhaust in his avatar, so if you're a V6, you can't turbo. i mean, you can, but that's like saying you can drop a W18 into a civic, you just can't. you want to supercharge, Vegasmatt and one other guy are supercharged from SDS. good power gains, you can outrun Evos and STis</div>

Lmao wtf are you talking about??? Why cant you turbo the v6??? You should research yourself before you open your mouth. Ive seen turbo v6 6a72s with my own eyes...

And Ripp makes the "SDS" system for the 8g i4 and v6. And you just cant blatantly say that you will outrun Evos and STis with the SDS...</div>

i was gonna say the same thing but i guess all thats left to say now is...

OWNED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    to the ones that help me out.. thanks.. for the ones that are total queers and instead of sayin nicely yeah ur lookin at a lot of money and sayin ur shit... this makes me want to leave this fuckin tgc.... god damn.. anyways thanks guys for the help!
    yeah, you're fucking welcome.
    We're just total queers by telling you not to fuck over your motor with cheap parts. We're just total queers because we tell you not to skimp out on the important sutff, or you'll blow yourself up. We're just toal queers for telling you that you shouldn't even begin to attempt to try to start thinking about commencing a turbo project at this time because you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. We're just total queers, what do we know? Now, if you're looking for some real help from us, don't be a queer yourself.

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by scootinintegra
    We're just total queers by telling you not to fuck over your motor with cheap parts. We're just total queers because we tell you not to skimp out on the important sutff, or you'll blow yourself up. We're just toal queers for telling you that you shouldn't even begin to attempt to try to start thinking about commencing a turbo project at this time because you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. We're just total queers, what do we know? Now, if you're looking for some real help from us, don't be a queer yourself.
    D-R-A-M-A

No offense or anything, but why would you start an "anti-drama" club when you post things like that?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by scootinintegra
    D-R-A-M-A

No offense or anything, but why would you start an "anti-drama" club when you post things like that?
    he is making a point, not just talking shit...

TGC Regular

Re: turbo?

what is the best/cheapest turbo i can go with that will give me the best outcome...?

fast, cheap, reliable

pick two words out of those 3 that you want in a turbo setup because you cannot have all 3

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    I did notice his screen name has "V6" in it...

I forget his s/n on here...
    i also just saw the dual exhaust in his avatar, so if you're a V6, you can't turbo. i mean, you can, but that's like saying you can drop a W18 into a civic, you just can't. you want to supercharge, Vegasmatt and one other guy are supercharged from SDS. good power gains, you can outrun Evos and STis
    can't turbo the 6g72 huh??? just like everyone else said WTF!!! i've been turboed for over 10,000 miles and never had any problems. It can be done if you know what the hell your doing, so stop buying into Ross and he's bullshit about turboing the 6g72...So yes you need to do some research before you open your Cock Holster!!! And i'm still not buying that a Galant SDS can beat a STI!!!!

alright well all i have to say is that thanks for whatever help some of you gave me... leicoolya ur ride is lookin sweet 8) and to that integra kid.. go sucka nutt cuz u could atleast learn how to be polite when u say what u have to say... mods please delete this whole thread so any new members dont see how stuff goes round here.. thanks
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quick question, don't rip me apart Drew

Can you have BOV without turbo? Is it even worth it aka would you hear the swisshing noise? My cuz w/ the Accord says you can have BOVs and hear them loud and clear, but I say you cant. Who's right?

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    Quick question, don't rip me apart Drew

Can you have BOV without turbo? Is it even worth it aka would you hear the swisshing noise? My cuz w/ the Accord says you can have BOVs and hear them loud and clear, but I say you cant. Who's right?
    lol, I don't rip people apart for asking stupid questions, I rip people apart for being fuggin stupid Besides, you're a pretty cool guy.

The "swishing" sound from a bov comes from pressure being released. Besides that, the pressure required to open the bov comes from your intake manifold, and without a form of forced induction, you have vacuum in your intake tract. So no swish.

And as for galantv600....uh, yeah, whatever. You're an insignificant speck on my radar, so if you don't want my advice, it doesn't hurt me at all.

And yeah, no drama, just proving a point. Drama would be if i came out going "OMG LOL WTF n00b RICERZ STFU joo ain't 733T!!!"

just to help ya Serstylz2 there is some kind of kit that they make that actually makes the BOV noise everytime u let off ur gas pedal... so if u really want it... thats a way u could go...
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Na I'm not in search of it, jus wanted to prove my cousin wrong. I told him the same thing about pressure being released, and made a note that if BOVs were all you need to make the swishing noise, every ricer in my town would own em. He's riced out as can be so just had to win another argument Thanks fellas

yeah theres a galant ive seen in Htown thats like 40 miles away from me.. but ive seen it everyone in a while and its a DE model wit a bov kit... spinning hub caps too :cry:
    Diego

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast