The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Resistor Pack / 450cc installation

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    brandon

Resistor Pack / 450cc installation

Anyone have an "installation guide" or tutorial?

I've been searching but have had a hard time finding anything. I figured there'd be something on the VFAQ site but I didn't see it...

Any help is appreciated.

ken inn
    what are you doing, trying to put low impedance injectors in a high impedance car?

brandon
    Quote Originally Posted by ken inn
    what are you doing, trying to put low impedance injectors in a high impedance car?
    Yes... the 450cc injectors from an Eclipse turbo. I have the resistor pack in my possession also.

use jip's tutorial for the head swap, just use the part about adding in the resistor box and swapping injectors.

brandon
    So I was going to do the install yesterday, but went to check the voltage on the injector lines...

They're both around 12 volts...

Which line do you have you to cut? I assume it's the black/color wire based on the wires hanging from the harness on the resistor pack.

Can someone just confirm that for me?

Also, just to make sure... each of those injector lines all go into the white wire on the resistor pack, then run separate wires from each of the four black wires on the resistor pack back to the injector leads...

Which should be closer to the injector side?

Anyone have a pic?

Thanks again.

Experienced TGC Member
    Cut the black/red stripe wires on the injectors. The resistor pack will have 4 wires the same color and 1 wire of a different color, connect the ECU side of the injector blac/red wire that you cut, all 4 of them to the 1 different colored wire of the resistor pack. Take each of the 4 same colored wires from the pack and connect 1 each to each black/red wire on the ijector harness itself.

And the injector wires do not both read 12v, the black/red is constant 12v. The other is the trigger wire and pulses 12v, 0 its not constant except with KeyON EngineOFF.

Just remember injector connector side each get their own wire on the resistor pack, the ecu/main harness side all get tied to the 1 different wire on the resistor pack.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

brandon
    Wired em up about a week or so ago... I'm pretty sure that's how we did it but I'll have to double check and make sure.

Car is still belly up as of now. :cry: