The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Should i paint my car black?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    xSILENTx

Should i paint my car black?

We are going to be finishing up painting the airplane at my school but while the paintbooth is still up i was going to see if i could paint my car. I'm not sure what colors we will have left or how much but i know we have alot of black and light gray. Just wanted some opinions on what color to go with.Or if i should not change the color at all.

i wouldn't do it. i mean you still have the paint booth but to pull off a great job, you're gonna have to strip the car down to almost nothing. repair any body damage, remove the old paint and then finally paint it. if you got the time and the tools and the patience to do all that then go for it. if you're gonna do a half ass job, i wouldn't even bother

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

xpldy
    if you think you have the ability then do it

xSILENTx
    yea i would definatly do it right all im worried about is how black would look with my tint and interior.

brandon
    You can't go wrong with black.

galant00
    i have a black g and the only bad thing is u can see when the car is dirty, dusty, u can see every little scratch.. black does look hot though.. i love it i just have to get a car wash every week..

xSILENTx
    i decided not to repaint it but i am going to shave the trunk keyhole and paint the trunk and front bumper.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xSILENTx)</div><div class='quotemain'>and paint the trunk and front bumper.</div>

the same color, i assume?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

xSILENTx
    nah i was gonna paint them orange

xpldy
    :scary: :scary: :scary:

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xSILENTx)</div><div class='quotemain'>nah i was gonna paint them orange</div>

YOU'RE A FUNNY MAN
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

xSILENTx
    i just hope i can do a good enough job so the paint is smooth and mathes the rest of the car.If this turns out good i'm shaving the antenna next.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Black Galants.....sexy 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Mindless
    Why don't you shave the antennae before you paint it? Is this going to cost you anything? If it was me I'd paint it two tone grey/black and then buy some gunmetal wheels.

i'd practice first at least. try a bumper or a hood something.

i recently got into an accident and i was talking to the guy at hte body shop. i have 2 dents in my hood and i ended up buying a new hood. he said that he can fix the hood but he said if he didn't do things perfectly, it would show up when he paints. so overall for me, it was cheaper to buy a used hood and get that painted than to fix the 2 small dents and get the hood painted.

just something to think about.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.