The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trans problem or somehting else?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

Trans problem or somehting else?

well, friday i was supposed to go to B2N, in Normal, IL. and while on the express-way, going aound 70-75mph, all of a sudden the rpm's jumped to about 5500-6000rpm, and my trans sounded like it was trying to change gear. the thing is, it was already on its last gear. it happened like 6-7 times. i mean, i would be driving fine and then, out of no where, "bamn" and the rpm's hike-up to 6000 rpm. i've havent had any problems with the trans like this b4. Then, after the last time it did it, the CEL turned on. well i went to the trans shop, and of course, the problem didnt happen AT ALL :shock: , and the "machanic" said, he cant do nothign if the trans isnt giving him any trouble. but he did read the codes from the CEL, and it said " P0100 Map or Volume Airflow Sensor" and "P1750 Undocumented Code". now my questoin is, would these sensor cause my rpm's to hike-up?

Thanks.

queball
    Mine has done something like that since the day i drove it off the show room floor if im on the freeway for a while and I punch the gas to pass or it down shifts to go up hill some times it will shift back and forth like it doesn't know what gear to go in or the worst is when it doesn't go into any gear and i have to take my foot off the gas and let it drop down to idel RPMs and then it pops back in gear, and ive taken it o MIts and the tranny shop several times and its never done it when they have drove it, It seams like it only does it when drove on the free way for a while..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>Mine has done something like that since the day i drove it off the show room floor if im on the freeway for a while and I punch the gas to pass or it down shifts to go up hill some times it will shift back and forth like it doesn't know what gear to go in or the worst is when it doesn't go into any gear and i have to take my foot off the gas and let it drop down to idel RPMs and then it pops back in gear, and ive taken it o MIts and the tranny shop several times and its never done it when they have drove it, It seams like it only does it when drove on the free way for a while..</div>
    i have the EXACT PROBLEM...which sucks, becuz when i took it to the trans shop who "rebuilt" the tranny, they just drive it aroud the block, and go abotu 40 at most, and then they tell me, it doesnt happen. so im going to video tape this damn problem, and then go back with the tape in hand, so if they still dotn wanna check my car, then i'll just go back and get, Paul, my lawyer, lol. if i can, i'll even post the clip here online once i get it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    why are shops always so lazy to find the problem, like the dealer mechanics never ever find the problem, sometimes they see the problem happen right in front of them, and they ignore. why do they hide it so much, they're gonna make money off it. morons.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

queball
    Ive been wondering if its the tranny or the computer..

you either have low trans fluid, or a failing end clutch.

there COULD be something else, but those are the probably choices.

queball
    yea but its done it since it had 5 miles on it and now im at 120k and the tranny fluid has been changed several times so if it was fluid that would have been corrected a long time ago and as far as the clutch don't you think that would have went out a long time ago as well . since its lasted for that many miles

biga01
    Hey everyone - I was doing a search and came across this thread. I have the EXACT same problem! I had my transmission rebuilt and have put approximately 8k miles on it since that time, and it has just recently started doing this. Checked the fluid, that is fine. I am hesitant to take it to a shop because the problem doesn't happen all the time so I really doubt it would mess up for them. So I was wondering, has anyone looked in to this problem any more and found a solution?

The solution is: manual trans swap

Re: Trans problem or somehting else?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'> "P1750 Undocumented Code". </div>

well, my car is still making the same problems from my original post. And my CEL came on AGAIN. so around 11:30pm - MIDNIGHT, i ended up going to AUTOZONE. and turns out that "P1750" which was the SAME EXACT code i got from the trans guy(who supposedly said was a "UNDOCUMENTED CODE" lied.) P1750 is a "trans related problem" i got from autozone. now AGAIN i have to go to the damn trans shop. Just my luck, my warranty ends tomorrow, so im going over there today, and tellign this guy to look at the trans, and not just drive it around the block. if not, then we'll see where we go from here.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    That sucks man. I have a spare auto trans sitting in my garage if PGD doesnt buy it. I would let her go for $100 if you need a new one. She runs fine all the way up to 130mph
    7g for life!

hey seth, we WILL talk about that trans. are ALL the parts still in it? or did yuo remove some for the new trans?

ok, well i just pulled out my Helpful CHILTONS, and it turns out that the "undocumented code" P1750 is:

" P1750 - TCM Pulse Generated Circuit Fault "
    now what the heck is "TCM"?

T-ransmission
    C-ontrol
    M-odule

OR

T-orque
    C-converter
    M-odule

SOMEBODY please help!!! im going ot the trans shop in about an hour, so i'll let everyoen know if the update.

thats the tranny control module.

this information is pointing to the clutch. this is the one that sits by the right side of the tranny. the one that is by the wheel. You might need a new clutch. check vfaq.com or there is a post some where here for the replacement instructions.

I had the same problem on jun28. Now my car is at Lee myles ( closest and recommended) Lost 2nd, 4th and reverse. Now waiting for how much mula I will need to repair this. (By the way this tranny was rebuilt last november after rebuilt of the engine with better pistons and rings).

well, i left the car there, they said they will look at it. we'll see what happens. my trany was rebuilt 1year ago(tomorrow). This is why im hoping they get somewhere with it, b-cuz my warranty finishes tomorrow.

biga01
    So, has everyone thats had this problem had it happen after the tranny was rebuilt?

Interesting question.

Now that you mentioned it. It looks like it happens after tranny rebuild. My warranty was for 4 months, and I have it for 8 now. Still waiting for call from tranny shop.

I think its going to hurt.

Well, Im looking at a used honda.

biga01
    Ok so here's a stupid question. When the transmission was rebuilt would they not have taken care of the end clutch... or what? I'm just wondering how to explain this happening soon after a transmission rebuild.

Well???

I will say that it depends. Personally I think they should, but like in many places today -

if aint broke dont fix it.

I think that in a number of places they replace what it really looks bad and or as a general (internal - hush hush) policy change only the basic stuff. Get it in and get it out.
    Ex:

Own a lot, a car parked there is ocuppying space that can be used for another one $$$, so lets do the least on this one and get another one. Do basic easy stuff and away it goes. I hope Im wrong, but I am seeing more places like that. Also, today is not like some years back, when you used to go to auto parts store and almost get a car out of the shelf. You could rebuild almost anything, but today everything is do the least amount of work in the most amount of hours $$$. Parts are also getting worst althought I think that a couple of vendors out there are doing very good parts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast