The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: parts list that directly botls on to a 7g

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 69
    roman

parts list that directly botls on to a 7g

this should save alot of people trouble of searching, and can this stay as sticky?

like if stuff from eclipse fits a 7g - then just list what fits
    if something from a Civic or something else fits our 7g, then just list it here too
    would be nice if any kind of "modification" to the part is needed was listed also

if its a bad idea, then just delete the post, no problem; but it should save alot of people trouble of searching

btw, I'm talking abour regular stuff here, like intake or exhaust or manifold(exhaust and intake) ... springs, brakes, struts, strut bars ... what ever that is just simple regular stuff

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'm all for this

besides for generic mods (i.e. muffler, wheels, wings, etc)

:arrow: 2g (95-99) Eclipse Front upper strut bar is a direct fit on all 7Gs...just turn it backwards
    :arrow: 94-01 Integra NON-Cold Air intake fits, keep your intake stock from the throttle body to the MAS, then put on the intake adapater sold on ebay, then a 4-3" converter (home depot) and use the piping for the integra
    :arrow: 2g (95-99) Eclipse Rear Lower strut bar fits directly

there's more, just can't remember
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman
    basically I was going to ask because my G right now is really heavy and slow
    and I wanted it to be just a tad quicker ... so I'm wondering if there are "perfomance" parts that can make it a little faster that are a direct bold on with little to no modification needed

manifolds, intakes, exhausts, strut bars, whatever ...

you're best bet for some real speed is turbo charger or nitrous, and i recomend the former. 5spd swap will shave off a lot of weight and will be a huge difference. all the little mods won't really do much, but you'll notice them all. do an intake first and work from there.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman
    I don't like the idea of the bottle

5spd is out of question

and, can you turbocharge an automatic?

and for a turbo, what I have got so far is you need a 4g63t exhaust manifold and a 4g63 intake manifold?
    then from the exhaust manifold a good idea is to have a cat back exhaust

so far, am I right or not?

it just sounds like too much work, I don't know if I want to commit that much yet ...

nevermind, saw the parts list that Mindless posted, I see, anyone wants to chat about it with me on AIM? my sn is constantbom

yes, of course you can turbocharge an automatic, just get ready to rebuild that transmission when it does, which it will.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    yes, of course you can turbocharge an automatic, just get ready to rebuild that transmission when it does, which it will.
    then why would I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by roman
    then why would I do it?
    you asked if you could

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman
    then why would I do it?
    you asked if you could
    yes but I want my car runing right

then why would I do it?
    you asked if you could
    you could always level 10 the tranny, it'll hold a turbo easily

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman
    then why would I do it?
    you asked if you could
    you could always level 10 the tranny, it'll hold a turbo easily
    what's wrong with an TT"d automatic?
    there are cars that come TT'd with auto tranny's, and SC'd cars with auto tranny's ... ?

+ how about people chime in on the part list

brandon

and for a turbo, what I have got so far is you need a 4g63t exhaust manifold and a 4g63 intake manifold?

it just sounds like too much work, I don't know if I want to commit that much yet ...
    You do need the exhaust manifold... intake manifold won't fit. From the manifold goes your turbo to O2 housing to downpipe to the exhaust you'll be using, which will have to be custom.

It is a LOT of work and you'll have to do a LOT of fabrication, just so you know what you're in for.

roman
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon

You do need the exhaust manifold... intake manifold won't fit. From the manifold goes your turbo to O2 housing to downpipe to the exhaust you'll be using, which will have to be custom.

It is a LOT of work and you'll have to do a LOT of fabrication, just so you know what you're in for.
    that's why I am questioning it, if I should or not
    the G now has 128k miles, wihch is probably not much compared to some of your rides, but its pretty high to me
    my guess is to keep it, get a new car, then take insurance off of it and "store" it in my uncle's garage - where I could do anything and everything I want to it, down to the last straw of it getting towed to the junk yard

btw, for the intake manifold, from what I read a 4g63 suppose to fit, but not 4g63t?
    why not use parts from the 4g64 turbo eclipse?

btw, "lots of work and fabrication" - yes i imagine, that's why I wanted a list of "smaller" mods ... for now

brandon
    The 4G63 intake manifold won't fit, turbo or not, without a lot of modification.

There is no factory 4G64 turbo Eclipse, although there are a good handful of guys that have turbo'ed their Spyder 2.4L

IMHO, 'smaller mods' will just end up frustrating you... if you want to go fast (aka faster than stock) you'll need to put in a decent chunk of money. Whether you decide to go with forced induction or an N/A buildup, it'll empty your pockets if you're looking for any noticeable gain.

roman
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    The 4G63 intake manifold won't fit, turbo or not, without a lot of modification.

There is no factory 4G64 turbo Eclipse, although there are a good handful of guys that have turbo'ed their Spyder 2.4L

IMHO, 'smaller mods' will just end up frustrating you... if you want to go fast (aka faster than stock) you'll need to put in a decent chunk of money. Whether you decide to go with forced induction or an N/A buildup, it'll empty your pockets if you're looking for any noticeable gain.
    Eclipse GST or GSX? thought they had same engine as ours ...

there are cars that come TT'd with auto tranny's, and SC'd cars with auto tranny's ... ?
    because those arn't mitsubishi transmissions. mitsu transmsissions, especially the 7Gs, are the biggest piles of shit ever created. pretty much ever 7G automatic on here has either had a rebuild done or some serious problems.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

roman

because those arn't mitsubishi transmissions. mitsu transmsissions, especially the 7Gs, are the biggest piles of shit ever created. pretty much ever 7G automatic on here has either had a rebuild done or some serious problems.
    oh I heard about that from few of my friends who said that the transmission on my Galant will go out by the time I hit 100k

so far it has 128k, almost 129k and not a single problem with it ... for which I'm really greatfull

still all original here

I guess this post went off topic ...

sethmo
    Swap your AT with a 2g turbo AT Tranny and all your problems will be solved...

brandon
    Eclipse GST or GSX? thought they had same engine as ours ...
    GST and GSX have a 2.0 liter 4G63t. Only the Eclipse Spyder came with our motor.

Dark7GHawk
    Want to go faster...?

Get a GS

Then turbo LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast