The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cat-Back exhaust for our 7g's

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Cat-Back exhaust for our 7g's

Gentlemen and Ladies

I would like to have a cat-back in my car that is high flow but quiet, all the ones i have searched will make my car louder and i dont want that, i want a cat-back that will give me the hp gain i am looking for, and at the same time be quiet.

I currently have a 2.5 incg exhaust with a magnaflow tip.
    I am planning on buying some headers for my car and at the same time change the cat-back.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    whoa, where did you find the catbacks for our cars? i wasn't aware any were made :shock:
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

just get a long resonator put on. they don't cost much, and its really the only way to quiet a straight through exhaust.

or you could shove a banana in the tail pipe...

LOOK MAN, I ain't fallin for no banana in the tailpipe.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I have a RS*R 3inch catback and it is quite. Just look for one used somewhere because they don't make them anymore.

Joe
    You can keep your looks, I'll keep my speed

well not a cat-back exhaust but a nice quiet Catalytic converter thats high flow and wont make my car sound loud like a p*^%y honda 8)

i have seen some from magnaflow but i dont know which one is quiet or not

8G_GTZ
    first i'd like to clarify you getting a header, not headers(not to sound like a dick). only cat back you will get is a custom bent one. i have intake, high flow cat, and a DTM style muffler. it is very loud and only ricey past 4k. just for your information. hope that helps

steve

alright thanks man sorry i didnt spell it right my bad.

here's the problem
    i have an cold air intake and as u know the magnaflow exhaust but its a little bit loud which is good i just dont want to sound like a mile down i just want to sound like i do right now which is not that much.

Here in miami there are too many fuc*&ng :mg: honda's that are loud and i just dont want to be like them.

8G_GTZ
    i hear ya man. if you keep your stock exhaust or go back to stock and keep the intake, you'll be quiet until you get on it. anything beyond that, is going to be loud because you are opening the exhaust for more flow. you know what i mean?

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>first i'd like to clarify you getting a header, not headers(not to sound like a dick). only cat back you will get is a custom bent one. i have intake, high flow cat, and a DTM style muffler. it is very loud and only ricey past 4k. just for your information. hope that helps

steve</div>

Or you could get a 2g fwd catback if you have a 7g. It fits on every hanger except the back one, just need to make the one on the end of the muffler 2 inches longer. You also need to add about 4 inches of pipe so you can connect it to the cat. A muffler shop will do all that for about $15.

Joe

well i have been searching and i found a high flow cat and a resonator, whats the difference between both of these

High flow Cat
    Resonator

Is there any difference.

Also will the 2g eclipse header will this work on our car i just dont mean the 2g 4g64 but also the 4g63 non turbo engine's

8G_GTZ
    the cat is for emmissions. the resonator does what it says, resonates the sound. but, the header will fit, you will also need a custom header-cat piece bent/made. it is shorter than the stock 7g's.

Steve

so shogun the 2g eclipse 4g64 header will work just that i will have to custom the header-cat piece bent/made like you said.

Now the resonator will resonate my sound and at the same time allow more air throught than a cat.

Sorry for the bother man its just that i am doing like 3 projects to my 7g and i want to be sure before i buy something

sorry man i mean the 2g 4g63 header will fit out 7g's

8G_GTZ
    it bolts right up bro. i'm using the turbo manifold for my turbo. no reason why the non turbo wouldn't fit

You are going to need to get a header for a 1g 4g63 nonturbo. They didn't make 2g 4g63 nonturbos. All the manifolds you find for a 2g will either be a turbo mani or a mani for the nonturbo(which is the 420a)

8G_GTZ
    yeah, or the 2G Spyder(4G64). either way, that one section will have to be custom bent or modded if you buy that too.

Steve

well i know someone had posted this but i saw this header on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WD1V

but from what people have posted they saw that this come from the 8g's and it will be really hard to make it fit on our 7g's, they say that i will have to have it bend and custom done some shit like that, what do yall think

secondgenntrip
    Quote Originally Posted by AWDsuperstar
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g
    first i'd like to clarify you getting a header, not headers(not to sound like a dick). only cat back you will get is a custom bent one. i have intake, high flow cat, and a DTM style muffler. it is very loud and only ricey past 4k. just for your information. hope that helps

steve
    Or you could get a 2g fwd catback if you have a 7g. It fits on every hanger except the back one, just need to make the one on the end of the muffler 2 inches longer. You also need to add about 4 inches of pipe so you can connect it to the cat. A muffler shop will do all that for about $15.

Joe

turbo or N/A?

gst only

1994 Galant GS-Turbo