The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: parts list that directly botls on to a 7g

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 69
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I would say its a 4spd or 3spd w/ o/d. There are 4 gears so either way it could be said. But it doesnt matter, 5spds > auto anywho
    7g for life!

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>But it doesnt matter, 5spds > auto anywho Â*</div>

::Shakes fist::

GPTourer
    Quote Originally Posted by JiP
    You wouldnt do a 2g bottom in a 7g you would do a 4GCS (hyundai) bottom.
    Is the Hyundai bottom a 6-bolt? I was under the impression the 7G had the same style mounts as the 2G eclipse. I understand the 6-bolt would be more favorable, but there would be more work involved:

http://www.slowboyracing.com/Race%20Engine.../2gswapkit.html

http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/1g2g.asp

yes the 4gcs is a 6bolt. There is another 2.4L block that is 6bolt as well but I cant remember the engine code. The 7g mounts are the same as the 2g. There are no modifications that need to be done to the actual 6bolt block for it to fit. Its the driverside mount that needs to be modded and its easy.
    7g for life!

SamirDarji
    Boy this went waaaay off topic. Got one to add under braking.

Tested:
    Baer Sport Big Brake 12"x1.1 rotor with PBR 2-piston Caliper -- just specify a 4-lug rotor instead of 5-lug
    Baer Track Big Brake 13.1"x1.1 rotor with PBR 2-piston Caliper -- just specify a 4-lug rotor instead of 5-lug

Theorically Should Bolt-on Fine
    Baer Pro Big Brake 13.25 to 14.85" rotor with Alcon 4-piston Caliper -- just specify a 4-lug rotor instead of 5-lug
    Baer Pro Plus Big Brake 13.25 to 14.85" rotor with Alcon 4-piston Caliper -- just specify a 4-lug rotor instead of 5-lug

Untested:
    Any of the 2nd Gen Eclipse Big Brake kits. The brake flex line is the exact same part, so at least that part should work fine if it's included. As long as the caliper in the Eclipse which the kit is designed for can be interchanged or is the same as the Galant and you can get a 4-lug rotor instead of 5-lug, it should just bolt up fine.

Experienced TGC Member
    bigger brakes = less wheel hp even if they are lighter =p

Bigger brakes usually dont even give you better brake distance they just give you a little more control over the braking.

Overall..just my opinion..but not worth it.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

SamirDarji

Bigger brakes usually dont even give you better brake distance they just give you a little more control over the braking.
    Actually, those are both true. Just as a big brake slows you down faster with better angular torque, it also hinders acceleration the same way and most big systems are heavier for sure. They can be just as bad as adding wheels.

Big brakes don't help with braking distance at all. They only help with overcoming the negative effects of prolonged brake usage that can overload a stock system, such as brake fade.

I had brake fade, so I needed to do something on the fronts. I probably could have just done some good stock oem replacements with some braided lines and stout fluid, but doing all that was going to be about half the cost of the kit I got, so I splurged. I don't regret it. :twisted:

I did all sorts of research so I put it up to share. Hopefully someone else that wants better brakes will realize that a powerful big brake system is only a couple of hundred dollars away. It was only $100 more than doing all the same things in the kit and using the Eclipse 2-piston calipers. But doing it myself still left stock size rotors.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirDarji

Actually, those are both true. Just as a big brake slows you down faster with better angular torque, it also hinders acceleration the same way and most big systems are heavier for sure. They can be just as bad as adding wheels.
    You can find big brake rotors and calipers that are actually lighter then stock. But in simple terms it has to do with making something spin that comes out further from the center which takes more energy, than having a slightly heavier system with smaller distance from edge to center being easier to get moving.

But again..IMO totaly not worth the money.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

SamirDarji
    Just out of curiousity, with all the power you must be producing (juding by your mods), don't you find a need to stop from higher speeds more often? Have you ever had any problems stopped from high speeds on stock?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SamirDarji
    Just out of curiousity, with all the power you must be producing (juding by your mods), don't you find a need to stop from higher speeds more often? Have you ever had any problems stopped from high speeds on stock?
    i got problems out my ass with my car, from tranny to fuel issues. more and more things keep getting added to the list..at this point my car was much quicker stock =P

I dotn have time to fix anything right now and its way too cold out. Although I do drive around 85+ every second I get on side streets and highways, my brake discs are warpped for sure and she vibrates like crazy when stopping..but i dont give a shit till its not stopping at all anymore =p
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

SamirDarji
    i got problems out my ass with my car, from tranny to fuel issues. more and more things keep getting added to the list..at this point my car was much quicker stock =P
    Ouch! That sucks. I feel better when my car's reliable rather than fast. It's funny when the guy next to you can beat you, but his car keeps messing up, so you still win, lol.

I dotn have time to fix anything right now and its way too cold out. Although I do drive around 85+ every second I get on side streets and highways, my brake discs are warpped for sure and she vibrates like crazy when stopping..but i dont give a shit till its not stopping at all anymore =p
    I know that feeling. I've had my Accord sitting for probably almost a year now due to a bad oil leak. But now that the Galant is in pretty solid shape, that's the next car to work on. And then on to the Altima after that.

That vibration can be really bad for the suspension. I wore out some bushings prematurely when my brakes were warped and wheels were off balance on the Altima. I changed them to some Energy Suspension bushings.

I wouldn't go too long without doing the brakes. I'd hate to hear you ran into something because the brakes failed.

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SamirDarji)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I wouldn't go too long without doing the brakes. Â*I'd hate to hear you ran into something because the brakes failed. </div>

shit happens.. i also have ripped cv joint boot for past 6months and past month no power steering nice hole in one of the copper tubes in an area where I can not find it.
    Rob
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

SamirDarji
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SamirDarji)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I wouldn't go too long without doing the brakes. Â*I'd hate to hear you ran into something because the brakes failed. </div>

shit happens.. i also have ripped cv joint boot for past 6months and past month no power steering nice hole in one of the copper tubes in an area where I can not find it.</div>
    That sucks. Hope things work out better in the future.

secondgenntrip
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sethmo)</div><div class='quotemain'>Swap your AT with a 2g turbo AT Tranny and all your problems will be solved...</div>

does it have to be AT tranny from a turbo 2gen or will an a ATtranny from a n/t 2gen work as well. I only ask b/c im rollin' on about 94k and lookin' to take precautions. Thanks

Either FWD 2g Turbo or the SPyder GS. They both will bolt up, most likely have to use the 2g axles as well.

Cannot use a 2g Hardtop GS/RS 420a tranny. The car must have hte 4g63t or the 4g64.
    7g for life!

secondgenntrip
    thanks man, gonna have to see what all that'll cost me. Went out about 20 mins after that post and the rpms kicked up b4 she would move. (isn't ironic, don't you think......sorry had to)only did it once though.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i would also suggest changing your tranny fluid reeeaaal soon. that will help to post pone any more breakage.

[quote="peanotation
    you could always level 10 the tranny, it'll hold a turbo easily[/quote]

BULLSHIT

I blew one of those

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Qnzfinestplaya)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    you could always level 10 the tranny, it'll hold a turbo easily</div>

BULLSHIT

I blew one of those</div>

yeah i know, when i wrote that i hadn't read about all their failures yet. horrible company. stay away from them.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    I've heard horrible and wonderful things about Level Ten... in NJ they're pretty well respected. Although I have decided IPT is a better option.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast