The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MAS Adapter...where??

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    buy a different filter?
    7g for life!

Kain
    How much too big for the filter? The neck of the filter can be stretched a bit to fit. They're supposed to fit snugly. If it's very close, but not quite than you should probably try to use a bit of force. Otherwise, just buy a new filter. If you get anything but a K&N they're pretty cheap.

BIGLOU75
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetooth
    short ram intake group buy. that was mitsu4u i believe (josh robison). same situation, filter is too small for the mas adapter. bought the right sized filter from ebay. but if i were u, if u have the short ram already just go cai: buy a civic intake w/filter to go along with it.
    That's the dude! I pulled out the receipt from the money order I sent him! But Sweetooth, did you ever receive a filter from him? I didn't! Can you tell me how you set yours up and how a Civic intake & filter comes in the picture?

Here's what I got:

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/9b02a5a9/bc...c87ru9AU5b638X2

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/9b02a5a9/bc...c87ru9AEG8PhO25

The filter you see in the first pic is the not the filter that came with the kit.

Somebody help me!!!

Kain
    Speaking of the GB on the short ram intakes, When I got mine the rubber connectors were far too small. Does anyone know where I can get some that will actually fit? As it stands, the pretty, polished intake pipe is sitting on top of the pile of other uninstalled parts under my desk at home. I'd really like to put it on at some point...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    heh i got 2 filters from mistu4u...was not his fault, arospeed is stupid.

but the second one they sent me fit perfectly

Oh yeah, go to the home depot plumbing section to get some rubber fittings.

Click on my sig to see my cai setup
    7g for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Kain
    Speaking of the GB on the short ram intakes, When I got mine the rubber connectors were far too small. Does anyone know where I can get some that will actually fit? As it stands, the pretty, polished intake pipe is sitting on top of the pile of other uninstalled parts under my desk at home. I'd really like to put it on at some point...
    if you want some quality, contact phil from injen. he'll hook u up with the part numbers for the injen fittings. they're better than those rubber fittings u can get @ the hardware store. once u get the part numbers go to your injen dealer and order it there. its not too expensive

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Allright Pinoy, hook me up with this Phil guy. How do I contact him? I have a NOPI store very near my house (I just sorta stumbled across it this summer) do you think I could pick them up there? Thanks
    [email protected] is his email addy. just tell him what size fitting u need and he should hook u up if they have the part. so yea he's goona give u the part number, then u got to your nopi store and give them the part nunbers and get them to order it from injen since u can't order direct. after that when it comes in, u pay and pick it up

edit...no need to email phil unless they don't have ur size, check out the bottom of this page. they're not too expensive http://injen.com/accessories.html

Experienced TGC Member
    FYI, you can order the rubber fittings (reducers) from WeaponR at www.importstudio.com also. They are quality silicon reducers, they have 4 different sizes and they have 5 different colors to choose from. That's where I got mine from for my CAI rebuild.
    You can order them outright, instead of going through someguy then have NOPI order then wait for the order then pick them up etc...

Just some Geee Wizzz info
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

BIGLOU75
    OK, so I did some measuring and here's what I found. The diameter opening of the MAS adapter is 4.5" wide. The diameter of the new filter I brought is 3.5" wide. And the diameter of the tube I got is also 3.5". I basically want to set it up the way seth has it. So my question is to seth, where did you get another tube to attach the filter to and what size fittings did you use to fit the tube to both ends of the MAS and the adapter? I've had this thing for months and would like to finally install it. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Kain
    Ok, I looked on the link you posted, but I didn't see the fittings listed. I'm probably just an idiot, but could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Ok, I looked on the link you posted, but I didn't see the fittings listed. I'm probably just an idiot, but could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    injen has it under silicon str8 hose. import studio has it under acessories and then hoses and fittings

Kain
    The biggest one listed on the Injen site is 3.25 X 2.00. Is that big enough? I know the back of the MAS is really big. And I know that when the 3.25 gets squished into an oval it will get wider (yup, I passed basic geometry in middle school) Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but I've already got two useless connectors that are too small, and I don't want more. Also I'm too lazy to walk down the street to look at my car and take measurements right now.

The biggest one listed on the Injen site is 3.25 X 2.00. Is that big enough? I know the back of the MAS is really big. And I know that when the 3.25 gets squished into an oval it will get wider (yup, I passed basic geometry in middle school) Sorry for sounding like an idiot, but I've already got two useless connectors that are too small, and I don't want more. Also I'm too lazy to walk down the street to look at my car and take measurements right now.
    u can always email phil and ask him what they use for the turbo eclipse. if i recall correctly, the back of the turbo eclipes MAS is just like urs so you can ask him what size fitting they used for that

Experienced TGC Member
    Kain,
    I bought a 3" reducer and a 3-2.5" reducer. The 3-2.5 goes from the TB to the tube, the 3" goes from MAS to tube. They are the WeaponR ones.

BigLou,
    The tube for the CAI is typically a Civic ram intake... I used an RSX CAI for my entire setup. I like mine. The adapter is a plumber reducer bought from the Home Depot for $6.

I put these pics up for you guys for a closer look if ya need it, here's the LINK Sorry the ride is so dirty, it's been raining and muddy past few days :?

I hope I did it right...
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

BIGLOU75
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    BigLou,
    The tube for the CAI is typically a Civic ram intake... I used an RSX CAI for my entire setup. I like mine. The adapter is a plumber reducer bought from the Home Depot for $6.

I put these pics up for you guys for a closer look if ya need it, here's the LINK Sorry the ride is so dirty, it's been raining and muddy past few days :?

I hope I did it right...
    2True, the tube you said you used for the CAI that's from a Civic ram intake, is that the short tube that you're talking about that goes from the intake to the MAS? If it is, I have that already. The tube I'm asking you about is the long one that connects to the filter. I checked eBay for Civic intakes, and those tubes looked too short for that part. I need that long tube to complete the assembly. Where can I find it?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLOU75
    Quote Originally Posted by 2True
    BigLou,

I hope I did it right...
    2True, the tube you said you used for the CAI that's from a Civic ram intake, is that the short tube that you're talking about that goes from the intake to the MAS? If it is, I have that already. The tube I'm asking you about is the long one that connects to the filter. I checked eBay for Civic intakes, and those tubes looked too short for that part. I need that long tube to complete the assembly. Where can I find it?
    no the civic tube is for the cold air part. its a 90 degree bend on one end , one really short side and one really long one...

Experienced TGC Member
    No, I was talking about the "long" tube. Mine is for an RSX but Civic ones are the easiest to get and use. Beleive me they are long enough..

Ya bro, like this here:

Go to Home Depot and get yourself a big ol' reducer and you'r set. You might need something to plug up the inlet on the civic pipe but oh well. I like mine because it there are no holes in the tube and there is a mounting thingy
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g