The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I know it's been asked before...intake squeaks/whines

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Jeremiah

I know it's been asked before...intake squeaks/whines

i read up on this but no one seemed to know what causes it...all the posts i searched were older...so i fig it's worth a shot...

just put an AEM cai on my '03 6-cyl, started it up, let it idle for about 10 mins, took it around the block...i get this high-pitched...whine? coming fromt he driver's side...but only between probably 1750-2500 rpms...as soon as it shifts and drops to like 1k, it stops, but then when i get back to that range, it does it again...

it won't do it in park or neutral if i gas it, i even put it in drive and held down the brakes while getting it up to 1800 (i know that's not a smart thing to do) and it wouldn't do it then...so i'm stumped...

any info is greatly appreciated. thanks all

ps-hi i'm the n00b

maximus
    Both the aem intake and the injen intake make that sound.The sound comes from the piping and the only thing you can do to try and quiet it down is change the air filter.I have a foam filter which makes it a little bit quieter but there is no way to fully get rid of it.Unless you go back to stock.

i get this with my cone filter. hell i get this with my K&N drop in filter for the altima. you know how when you whistle, you make noise. you cant whistle too much softer or too much harder or else the sound goes away.

your intake is whistling. its normal

I actually kinda like the whistling noise. Sort of a reminder that I got an intake...

I've got one love in my life. And my girlfriend's learned to live with it. Girlfriends come and go. Your ride is forever.