The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I found the source of the "squeak" - 1 year in the

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Experienced TGC Member

I found the source of the "squeak" - 1 year in the

Finally afte a whole year of the ghetto sound, I finally found the source of it. The squeaking sound I kept hearing evertime I went over a bump (or any minor imperfection in the road) turned out to be my hood's hinges. After spraying it with WD40 the noise is gone.

It sounded like my wheels were wobbling, and were about to fall off. I can't fully describe how retarded the sound was.

Either way, I feel like a new man now that my car doesn't make fruity squeaking sounds.

Experienced TGC Member
    ummm yay 8)
    -Chris

I know how you feel. For the longest time I've had a similar squeaking noise, like metal rubbing metal, every time I went over a bump. I tried to remember exactly what I might have done to my car since it started and I finally figured out it was my hood pins because I had just installed my CF hood with the pins when it started. I still can't figure out how to make it stop though. I'm glad to hear you stopped yours because I know it's annoying as hell.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    I know how you feel. For the longest time I've had a similar squeaking noise, like metal rubbing metal, every time I went over a bump. I tried to remember exactly what I might have done to my car since it started and I finally figured out it was my hood pins because I had just installed my CF hood with the pins when it started. I still can't figure out how to make it stop though. I'm glad to hear you stopped yours because I know it's annoying as hell.
    Oh man, someone else can finally empathise with me. It's such a degrading sound for such a nice car.

Have you tried WD40 yet? Also I looked at my hood latch, and the very tip of it is worn down quite a bit. Im talking atleast 1mm (the latch itself is maybe 5mm diameter). Im not sure if that was the problem, I sprayed everthing down.

I swear I have never loved my car more than I do now. First I had the noise from one of the bearings in the cam pulley that broke loose, the control arm bushing (made a snapping noise), the glove box rattle, something banging around in the gauge cluster, and the hood squeak.

my car made a horrible sound everytime i went over bumps.

then it stopped.

then when i tried taking off the FR wheel, a stud snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Oh man, someone else can finally empathise with me. It's such a degrading sound for such a nice car.

Have you tried WD40 yet? Also I looked at my hood latch, and the very tip of it is worn down quite a bit. Im talking atleast 1mm (the latch itself is maybe 5mm diameter). Im not sure if that was the problem, I sprayed everthing down.

I swear I have never loved my car more than I do now. First I had the noise from one of the bearings in the cam pulley that broke loose, the control arm bushing (made a snapping noise), the glove box rattle, something banging around in the gauge cluster, and the hood squeak.
    I haven't tried WD40 because I doubt that will help since it's not a hinge or anything. The pins (not the locking pins) are rubbing against the the metal pieces that are attached to the hood. So everytime the hood bounces, you get the squeaking. Hell, sometimes it seems to do it when there are just high winds blowing the hood or on the highway driving fast. I'm thinking the only way I'll be able to get rid of it is take a dremel and make the openings the pins go through a bit bigger so the pins can't rub. I should check my hood latch too, maybe it's worn like yours.

I've had the glove box rattle and got the lock replaced under warranty shortly after I got the car. That fixed it for a couple years, but it rattles again. I say the locks they are using are just crap. It's not bad if you don't have anything in the glove box that can rattle, but I do.

Man..I know what you all are talking about. I have a squeaking sound that drives me fuckin batty everytime I go over a bump. It is louder when I have extra weight on board. I know it's my rear passenger side spring (Ground Control) and time and time again I've adjusted and readjusted and it'll go away for a little while and then eventually it'll come back. I'm going to try some kind of lubricant to see if that helps.
    "No matter what you do, look good doing it!"

Rare Elementz "What makes you stand out?"

Did the noise ever come back? I have the same noise and I didn't know how long the WD40 would last.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    OHh you guyz dont know. I had something like that with my car when i first got it. but it was in the interior, like something was rolling around, it drove me nuts for 2 years. Everytime i would take a turn or i would get it, you would hear this lil rolling in the car, like a marble was in there. Man, i took everything in the car out, seats, the dash, the door panels everything. One day i was vacuming, and like always i pull the front seats and i heard it again. So i pulled the whole entire carpet out, found out it was like these 2 small ball looking things almost like gobstoppers. there were like 2 of them in there, after that no more noise at all. I can drive in pice. I sweaer anyone who has a noise like that knows, its drives you nuts when you cant figure out where its coming from..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.