The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 130,000 miles on a used 8g(1999)

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

130,000 miles on a used 8g(1999)

ok i was looking at autotrader and i saw an 1999 galant its sliver and it has 130,000miles on it and its only 2500 i did a carfax report and it came back clean nothing is wrong with the car i wanted to know is that a good deal on a car with that many miles on it. I am on a tight budget but i need a car bad because i am getting tired of not having a car so you guys please let me know thanx.

What model is it? DE, ES, ES V6, LS, or GTZ? I guess that doesn't really matter because even if it's a DE, that's a pretty good price. Unless there is something wrong with it. I would expect a DE or ES with 130,000 miles to be going for around $3,500 or so in good condition.

I work for a dealership, and I used my resources. I have no idea what model it is, so I looked up a 1999 ES 4cyl on auction data. Wholesale for a vehicle like this in average condition with that amount of miles wholesales for between 2,600-3,400. So, the retail should be around 4,500-5,000 retail. Sounds good to me but make sure it isn't junked. Also, keep in mind on the model I based it on. A 99 ES w/ a 4 cyl. in "average" condition. I would offer the guy 1,800-2,000 cash. Just my opinion of course.

its an Es and i am going today to check out the car and its an private seller and the car is sliver so thats great i don't have to worry about taxes or no dealer fees so i am straight. Hopefully there are no dents or anything crazy like that wouldn't show up on the carfax report. Yea i am gonna do that offer him 2,000 up front because i am paying cash.

Don't put too much trust in Carfax. Carfax didn't have anything listed for my truck, or my parents Windstar (which had a major collision repair). Ofcourse they could have revamped the system since then.

And for what its worth I was at my local Mitsu dealership a few weeks back for the Free 27-point Inspection they offered, and the service mechanic talked about a guy who had 230,000+ miles on his 2000 Galant and the only problem was the headlights kept dimming out, other than that he said the car was flawless.

hikix
    how the fuck can anyone possibly put 250,000 miles on a car thats barely 5 years old?? thats 1000 miles a week.. thats crazy

In the pic you posted, that front bumper looks a little roughed up. Time for a body kit. Also, that Galant is Minden Silver Pearl, which was only made in 1999. Reelax has that color. It can sometimes look almost white or sometimes look blueish/purpleish, depending on the lighting. I love that color.

Here are two shots of Reelax's Galant. In 1999 the lighting in the pic makes it look almost white and in 2001 the lighting brings out the blueish/purpleish tones.

I looked at it on Autotrader. Looks cool, man. I wonder what "body man special" means? Hope it works out for you, dude. Lots of potential there.

Didn't know that damn smiley was laughing! Makes my last post look sarcastic. :shock: No sarcasm, dawg.

Ok i went to go look at the car on friday and the car has two huge dents in on the side of the car but the paint is still intacted on the car and the front left fender is a lil bit dented up and other than that thats all is what is wrong with the car the inside of the car is great i give it a perfect 10 based on the inside of the car. Just those huge dents on the outside the price is now $2000 i was thinking about offering him only 1500 if he accepts my offer than i will buy it from him and fix the dents my self by pulling or pushing them out if i can if not i can order the parts from somewhere cheap and still save way more money in the long run but please let me know some feed back from you guys on this offer i appreate it thanks.

If it were me, I'd offer him 1,500. That's more than fair. If he balks, negotiate further. Bump yourself $100 at a time. If he's getting pissed, whip out the 2Gs and drive it away. While you're negotiating, let the guy know how expensive bodywork is, keep going back to how many miles it has. Another thing you might want to try is to offer 1,500 for the car as is or 2,000 for the car and he pays for the bodywork. If you don't feel like doing a lot of haggling, just give him the 2K and drive it away. That's still an awesome buy.

That stinks that it's dinged up, but I was expecting that for the price the guy was asking.

If the fender is that bad, you might as well go and replce them with some aftermarket fenders with the vents in them.

Thanks for everybody's comments i appreate it alot thanx i am going to day to go and hopefully purchase the car. Thanks again

Good luck, bro. Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

ok the car was sold earlier that day but i got a sweet deal off of autotrader once again i got an 2000 galant es pearl white and it came with tints and a factory spoiler already on it and it had 90,000 and i talked to the guy down to 5,000 for it cash and i bought it right on the spot the whole car is clean inside and out i am gonna post some pictures up of the new car thats y i haven't been on here to write any replys because it took me over 2 days the hook up the whole entire audio system and i have been out driving it around thanks again for everybody's replys

Sounds good. Hopefully your new Galant treats you as well as mine has for me.

Good shit, man. I'm glad you got hooked up. It sounds like the one you got is in better shape than the one you were origionally looking at.