The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any 9G owners out there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 44
    TGC Regular

Any 9G owners out there?

I see this forum is dead, I hope TGC has some 9G owners! Are you out there? If so, what do you have?
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

goku_73

9gs

Hey there 9gers!

I've got a 04 Titanium Pearl GTS.

There are NO mods ANYWHERE for this car.

All i have is a K&N air filter.

Kewlmocha

9Ger HERE

04 GTS Torched Steel Blue, or whatever they call it. Haven't gotten a chance to put any mods on it, too busy working on the 3G Eclipse, but luckily I found this site, I can get to researching.

goku_73
    Nice.....

Good luck researching, I've been lurking around 3 galant messageboards, I have found very little on the 9g.

If you find anything, post it here please!

9th gen.

04 Galant GTS. silver I think? I added a K&N drop in yesterday. noticed a little more responsiveness. I'm thinking of adding a low temp thermostat for a little more fuel as and experiment. I want to dyno it stock and with the K&N and thermostat after cooldown.

04 Galant ES, just K&N filter, there's really nothing around yet. let me know if you guys found some stuff for our 9g and i'll do the same. here's my car's pics http://www.cardomain.com/id/invertedzero

I see that you have the 4. How is the performance with that engine. I have driven the 6 but not the 4.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i been having a 8g for about almost 3 yrs... had a 9g for a bit...that was until me and my old lady broke up... i didn't like the 9g at first...but after driving it a while...it was nice...still...i like my 8g better...

XxDustin82xX
    I just got a Black 05 Galant GTS about 3 weeks ago and love it so far. I would like to lower it a little bit and get some rims. Maybe do some mods when they start making some for the 9g's

2fat4ya
    mine is an 04 sil ES. couldnt affored the v6 but happy with the 160hp(so much improvement from my 100hp Mirage ) I only have a filter and changed my headlight to GTS version(I tought the projector would help for my HID but the black surroundings are mirror like that reflects the bulb more and reflecting the bulb itself blinding anyone that looks closeby(COP)). So now, im back to step one...

hey 2fat how much did you get the gts lights???got them from the dealer??

2fat4ya
    I got mine from a junk yard nearby. I got them both for $100(1K new from dealer) eventhough they look almost new. The only work i had to do was to make up a way to hold them to the car. The mounting brackets were broken and had to do stuff like cable ties and some wiring work but I think its worth the work. Hope they won't fall 8)

nice way to save some money goodluck on working on those lights btw do you have any other pics of your car?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i know it wouldn't flow with the 9G's interior at all, but you could get a S-AFCII and a bigger fuel pump and see where things go from there.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Cali 9g owner here. 05 Dover White Pearl ES.

maybe when the new eclipse comes out there'll be alot more mods available the 4g eclipse is labled as an 06 model so i guess another few months with out much support.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

9G GTS V6 3.8L, Titanium Pearl from Calif is here. 8)

ALL STOCK!!!

04galantlexani12
    im new hear a have a 04 with rims lowered tvs soon to be tinted and system from kicker[/url][/LIST]

I just got a 04 LS, and i love it. I drove the 4 cylinder first, but after driving the v6 i decided i had to have it. I just love how great this cars handling/acceleration/braking is, and it rides really smooth. It rides very stable/smooth at high speeds too. I've only had mine up to 105mph so far, i gotta find a much better road to go past that. (roads are too busy here)

I'll try to get some pictures of it this weekend, it's silver and the only things i've done so far are put in a k&n and put in an mp3 player. The factory sound system is suprisingly good, so im not even going to bother with speakers. I hope some performance mods come out for it soon though, cuz about all you can do right now is change the air filter.

The only bad thing about this car is the payments

I just got back from a speed run. I had it up to 125mph and it still felt quite stable/smooth, and it still had some left in it. The end of this speed run was a curve taken at over 100mph, and the car handled the turn very well too. I also raced a few cars, i beat a v6 accord, and a 240sx se. I want to find a early-mid 90s mustang gt, i think that'd be a close race.

I don't want to go above the speed rating of the tires, so this is about as fast as ill be going with it, at least for awhile

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast