The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g engine in a 7g?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

8g engine in a 7g?

Ok feel free to yell at me if this has been brought up before! I am at work and dont have time to search! My question is how much of a pain would it be to get an 8g engine and drop it into our cars. The reason I am asking is because it oppositly opposed (as most of us know) and it the be possible to get the sds kit from Ripp. I dont think they will ever make that supercharger for the 7g. But I was just wondering if it would even be worth the hassle. You would need to get an 8g trans and ecu too right?>

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

It would be much more efficient to get a 2G 4G63t and install that. Your other option is to purchase a 2.4L I4 that was designed for the 2G Eclipse/7G Galant and do some modifications to the supercharger kit if you really want a supercharger. But honestly it would be much easier to do the former.

Ok...just a thought! Thanx

Experienced TGC Member
    I thoguht they had someone on this group testing out a 7g sds that they were gona produce? Either I made it up, or it just never went into production.

But you can always go turbo rather then change an entire engine just to go sds. Their engines are backwards compared to ours so its not gona be a direct bolt in, I cant really tell you for sure but I would picture a lot of customizing needing to be done, and You'd have to move the center cross member over, and its just all not worth it.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

brandon
    For the money you can turbo your 4G64 or swap in a 4G63t. I'm thinking it'd be a lot easier to do one of those too.

Yeah I know. I wish they would have made the SDS for the 7gs. The problem is they didnt have anyone on the east to go get test fitted. I wanted to do it but I had already moved out here to Cali by the time that post was up! If it had been a little earlier I would have been all over that! I would love to get my hands on a 6a12tt!

brandon
    I'd rather have the 4 cylinder. Do the 4g63t swap... there's enough people out there to help answer any questions you might have.

True, but unless they can help with the money side of things...its a pipe dream for now!

Experienced TGC Member
    its not much more to 4g63t swap then it is to buy RUPP SDS kit. Its defintly cheaper to turbo your stock 7g then it is to buy the SDS
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Well even getting all the parts to slug the 64 is pretty pricey. I would consider getting a 63t and going stock on that for a minute until I could upgrade the engine. I want a complete sleeper. I dont have all the wild body kits or graphics and shit. My car is plain and blends in...I just want to be able to pull up next to some clown in a civic or what ever...modded or not...and run em! Or keep up that is just as much fun as beating someone in my book! The look on peoples faces when they do all kinds of crazy driving to get away from you and they look in the mirror and you are stil there...classic!