The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo question ( I think this is a new one)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 43 of 43
    brandon
    Alright, a few things...

After reading Rob's post I'm gonna hold off on doing the 2nd O2 sensor elimination, and see if I throw a CEL when the car is running again.

The 1st O2 sensor WILL fit onto the O2 housing without any modifying.

Your best bet to remove the 1st O2 sensor is with a 7/8" open end and get under the car while the downpipe is still installed. Just use some PB Blaster and it'll come out fine.

Those O2 sensor tools suck balls, don't waste your money on one. I stripped the hell out of mine using that and had to steal the O2 sensor off my junk Galant.

There's a tutorial on VFAQ on how to remove the 2nd O2 sensor as far as the ECU is concerned... that's where my question was.

At Radioshack they have a 1.0uf capacitor and a 1uf capacitor. What's the difference?

Also, in the VFAQ tutorial, it mentions a "~12 ohm resistor". Where can I pick up a 12 ohm resistor? They only have 10ohm at Radioshack.

Experienced TGC Member
    I dont know if you can totaly bypass the sensor with the resistor and not get a cel. besides if your in a state/city where they actually look under your car, there may be a problem when they dont see the second o2 sensor. Also, removing the 2nd o2 sensor means you have to find something to plug that hole, unless your getting a whole new exhaust that doesnt have a spot for a 2nd o2.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

brandon
    I'm not really planning on passing emissions/inspection with the turbo, but here in CT our emissions/inspection is so screwed up I probably won't have to worry about it for another couple years.

Here's the link to the VFAQ tutorial:

http://www.vfaq.com/mods/O2bypass.html

My exhaust is going to be all new from the 2G downpipe back to the muffler.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123