The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: *EMERGENCY* Need Someone With a 7G To Look At Something

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Moosh

*EMERGENCY* Need Someone With a 7G To Look At Something

Hello all. I am rewiring something on my car but I do not have the original connectors for the distributor anymore. Can someone with a 7G Galant please go to their car and look at the two connectors connected to the distributor, and tell me what color each wire is?

There are two connectors

5 pin connector
    2 pin connector

Leave the connectors attached to the distributor. First look at the 2 pin connector. Look at the wires from left to right. For example the wire on the left is called Pin 1, and the wire to the right of it is called Pin 2. Along with the Pin number please tell me what color the wire is. If it is red, tell me its red. If the wire color is mostly black and has a white stripe, tell me black with white stripe. Do the same thing for the 5 pin connector. Work from left to right. For the 5 pin connector, the wire all the way to the left of the connector is Pin 1, the wire all the way to the right is Pin 5. When you are looking at the wires, stand in front of the front of the passenger side tire, and leave the connectors connected while looking at the wires.

Thanks a lot guys, I hope one of you pulls through for me!!

Moosh

What year???

Moosh
    1994-1998

sethmo
    Ill look for you tonight when I get home if nobody has done it for you by then.

yo dude, here's what i got:

2-pin Connector:

pin 1: BLACK w/ YELLOW
    pin 2: BLACK w/ WHITE

for this one, mine had 6 wires coming into it. I'll go ahead and list what I got though:

6-pin Connector:

pin 1: BLACK
    pin 2: BLACK w/ WHITE
    pin 3: RED w/ GREEN
    pin 4: Purple (?)
    pin 5: BLACK
    pin 6: WHITE

These were read of per your request. Hopefully it helps. I'll try to get a better look tomorrow, but since this was an Emergency post, I'm trying to do what I can. Lataz.

Moosh
    Thanks. What year is your car? The colors don't match my car unfortunately.

Seth can you check your wire color for me please, since you have a 1998 Galant hopefully they will be the same.

i have a 95.

Moosh
    Thanks a lot!! Actually it helps me a lot because I just bought 1995 harness connectors so I will be transplanting that into my 1998 harness, so your colors will help me a lot!

Now Seth needs to come through with the 1998 harness colors so I can match them

Any particular reason for the 95 connectors transplant into the 98? Curiousity. And oh yeah, anytime I can help, I'll try. 8)

Moosh
    Because I couldnt find a 1998 connector

sethmo
    For anyone who would want this besides moosh

2pin:
    1)Black/White
    2)White

5pin:
    1)White
    2)Black
    3)Brown/Green
    4)Black/Red