The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need help/Pics of CF hoodpins From underneeth

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Need help/Pics of CF hoodpins From underneeth

hey iv hade my CF hood for a LONGGGG time but no one around here whould install my hoodpins. So im going to do it my self. So can anybody show me the pics of thier hoodpins from the the underneeth thier hood so i know what part u guys drill into. And an pic of where the other hole. Thanks in advance
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

I'll take the pictures if you want but do you want to do a tutorioul (sp?) so other members can follow it too and I will host it on my site.

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

sure man thanks alot. that be an BIGG help. Ya if it goes well ill write the turtorl i dont want people messing up thier hoods, let me see how it goe sill do it after i see the pics thaks again jason.
    13 GTR

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>sure man thanks alot. that be an BIGG help. Â*Ya if it goes well ill write the turtorl i dont want people messing up thier hoods, let me see how it goe sill do it after i see the pics thaks again jason.</div>

No problem. I will take them tommorow after work and post the pictures tommorow night. Did you need any other angles?

i just need the bottom on the hood, and where u installe di ton the CAr body it self ( such as the Crash bar) also if u chould get one from the top of ur car. Thanks alot man
    13 GTR

It was installed to the car itself but not to the crash bar.....

ohh really? ya could u take a pic of wheres it installe dthen it help me alot thanks man
    13 GTR

Here are a couple of pictures that might help....

Here is where it is going to come up from....

and here is where it attaches to the car....

I don't have any pictures of where to drill at the bottom of the hood but if you look at the hood there are two indetations of circles. You just drill there. A couple of pointers too when drilling. Use a dremel and tape the hood. Drill a very small pilot hole. I have never drilled my hood. I actually paid a shop to do it. I am just going off what other people have told me.

You may find more angles of what the pins look like on the outside here of my car...
    http://www.dnaracing.net/teamdna_rides_jas...sonpictures.htm

thanks man that helps bigtime
    13 GTR

just to add, the pins which are like a long bolt have a nut on each side so that you can adjust to the hight of the hood. I put the pins in first then I put some duck tape on the top of the pins and closed the hood. the tape stuck to the bottom of the hood showing u where to drill

I have not forgotten about you. I am having trouble getting the images off my card to my computer. They should be up tommorow.

why couldnt someone measure from the edge of the hood so many inches and up from the front hood edge so many inches and just drill down thru hood and into radiator support? If someone could measure those why wouldn't it work?