The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: '63t Backing plate + 7g 5spd tranny...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    sethmo

'63t Backing plate + 7g 5spd tranny...

Well I go to bolt on my tranny to my '63t and the '63t backing plate is a little off. Only one of the holes for the starter lines up but thats no biggie because I cut the section off that bolts onto the starter. BUT in other areas the backing plate does not cover the entire area of the transmission. I can see the flywheel in some areas. Do I have to use my 7g '64 backing plate? I dont want to take off my Clutch/pressure plate, flywheel and then take off the torque converter on the '64. This pisses me off I should have checked this out before I bolted on my flywheel :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:oops:

hmm, i think i had to use the 7g backing plate. i'm not sure which flywheel inspection cover i used though. i would measure to make sure though.

sethmo
    Well well well I pulled the engine yet again only to find out the '64 bottum plate is larger than the '63t plate. Guess I dont have to remove the flywheel after all :jumps for joy:

Notice how the '64 plate is larger, this was the only place I had gaps, the bottum of the tranny

I am a retard, please forgive me DSM god :lauging:

lol you should've said so. that is the flywheel inspection cover that i was talking about

sethmo
    ahhh didnt know the name of it. Makes sense. take it off to inspect the flywheel :lauging:

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sabzi5858
    lol you should've said so. that is the flywheel inspection cover that i was talking about
    AH YES! Thats why I didnt know what you were taking about seth when I IMMEd you.. Never heard it called a backing plate before.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon