The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brake Pads

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Brake Pads

Does anyone know if autozone or pepboys carries good brake shoes for the g? I just heard a God Awful noise coming from my wheel well and I know it's my brake shoes finally wore down. anyways I'm gonna run up and see what they got in the morning. any suggestions?
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

autozone has some cool ones there is the duralast brand that has a lifetime warrenty "when they wear down bring them back and get another set" those are 30.99 and there are two other "performance" types that leave little to no brake dust on the wheels which are 38 and 44 (2yr warrenty) if i remember correctly autozone should have brembo rotors (slotted ithink) for us also when i worked there i remember seeing some. i just bought the lifetime warrenty one myself cuz i was getting that loud ass noise too. i cant pick up girls with my car sounding like a train comming to a stop lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

thanks B my pads turned out to be fine they look brand new actually. they just needed to be cleaned. I was sure i needed to change them. hell it's been almost 4 years
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underated
    autozone has some cool ones there is the duralast brand that has a lifetime warrenty "when they wear down bring them back and get another set" those are 30.99 and there are two other "performance" types that leave little to no brake dust on the wheels which are 38 and 44 (2yr warrenty) if i remember correctly autozone should have brembo rotors (slotted ithink) for us also when i worked there i remember seeing some. i just bought the lifetime warrenty one myself cuz i was getting that loud ass noise too. i cant pick up girls with my car sounding like a train comming to a stop lol
    Autozone now carries Baer Decella rotors.

rolling
    autozone has some ceramic pad for 45bucks there good almost no brake dust and they stop on a dime i like them i think they where duralast dont let them give the 13dollar brakes they suck ass

i got a set of FrictionMaster Ceramic pads from Advance autoparts. They cost like 45-50 bucks, but my friend works there and got them for me with his 20% discount.
    2003 Dover White Mitsubishi Galant ES

1997 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Quote Originally Posted by underated
    yeah i got the duralast gold from autozone they work great bearly any brake dust which is great, but then again i have black rims so i wouldn't be able to tell anyway!!
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Laz...go to Napa. I used to work for Toyota and we used Autozone, Pepboys, Advanced Auto for some parts for used cars that were getting certified to be sold as used cars. From out of all the places we bought stuff...the LEAST problems we had were parts from NAPA and this local place called Atlantic Auto Parts. Napa carries stuff close to OEM spec.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo