The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Ok. Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by filling them? How is it done? And how does it compare to the Prothanes or Energy Suspension ones? Do you have an approximate cost for the prothanes and energy suspension mounts?

I could, probably search for the info, but you seem to already know, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Experienced TGC Member
    IIRC Prothanes are around $80. Energy Suspension is much cheaper around $40..

Filling them is just removing the mount and using any kind of adhesive sealant to literally fill in the spaces in the mount. If you have seen an engine mount or roll stopper they are a piece of rubber with cut outs on top and bottom so that the center section can move up and down, thus dampening the vibration. Fill in that gap, the engine cant flex much anymore and you vibrate more but bit more power to the wheels..

Depending what you fill with will determine your overall ride quality. RRE says to use windshield polyurethane sealant, the stuff they glue ur window down with. This is on the vfaq under suspension:

http://www.vfaq.com/FAQlocator-suspension.html
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Thanks JiP. I think I will go with the prothanes for $80.00 if those are the best ones to use. Like I said, I already changed my mounts, but since the engine will be out when doing the swap, $80.00 isn't bad to stiffen everything up a little. Thanks again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I never had mine braced and it sat fine w/o touching the tranny mounts or anything, tightened up good on the TB.

Maybe because my intake pipe was small? ::shrugs::</div>

Same thing I did and mines been running strong for like 2 years now...
    blah blah blah

just to be on the safe side, i'd brace the MAS. if you look in my engine bay, you can't see my MAS. i covered it up because before, i didn't have my MAS braced and it made all sorts of deep scratches in the case of the MAS. and i've had it that way for a few months. if i kept it longer without bracing it, i bet it would wore through the case.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Depending what you fill with will determine your overall ride quality. Â*RRE says to use windshield polyurethane sealant, the stuff they glue ur window down with. Â*</div>

You can get this stuff at a Home Depot. About $15 for a bottle. Drying is the only pain, but no biggy. 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

I take it that it works pretty good...any pics of how they look? Just trying to picture how this would look...I'm not trying to score points for stylish motor mounts or anything! What would you all recommend, filling or prothanes...I want to do things right but don't want to waste money either.
    THanks,
    MIke

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Depending what you fill with will determine your overall ride quality. Â*RRE says to use windshield polyurethane sealant, the stuff they glue ur window down with. Â*This is on the vfaq under suspension:

http://www.vfaq.com/FAQlocator-suspension.html</div>

couldn't find any info on it with the link you provided. :?

Experienced TGC Member
    Coulda sworn it was on there...

http://www.raktron.com/misc/mt.htm

thats the direct link. And I tried Homedepot and couldnt find window weld anywhere or anything close to it. Asked a local windshield shop they wouldnt sell me a tube of whtever they used.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Thanks Jip, looks easy enough. Looks like that would be pretty sturdy and stiff; how much better could the prothanes really be? Basically, it's taking your stock mount and making it a solid piece...same as the prothanes...I will probably be doing this when I do the swap.

This would work well with the front and rear mounts, but how about the left side mount and tranny mount? Would it be worth doing?

Thanks for the link.

Mike Z

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12