The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: FI AutoSports Turbo Kit

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 68
    johnnyBgood

FI AutoSports Turbo Kit

Hello,
    I own Forced Induction Auto Sports, LLC and we are making a 4G64 turbo kit. We are quite active on 3 eclipse boards, and wanted to make you aware of this. This kit will be tuned to 11psi, and based off our math, will net us ~310whp, ~335wtq on the manuals. This kit requires no internal modifications, and is highly customizable by you, the end user. Unlike other kits, our kit is truly a top notch kit. It utilizes a Garrett T3/T04E turbocharger, a turbo manifold with a lifetime warranty, electronic boost control, electronic fuel management, FMIC, external wastegate, everything. In total, this kit is priced at $4680. This kit is not yet for sale, but we are having our tester car arrive this weekend, and we will be installing it over the week as well as tuning it.

As far as end user customization, I realize that alot of this may too much for you. As an alternative, we offer options that you can downgrade to. The kit will still retain the same boost levels, but some of the parts will be swapped out. For example, the Turbosmart E-Boost boost controller, $461, would be swapped with an underhood boost controller for $89, things like that. Cost will be affected by this, of course. We can swap out parts and lower the price of an untuned kit to approx $3900. Also, you would have your choice of colors for items such as gauges, turbo timer, etc.

The following is a list of the parts we are using in our kit:
    GReddy E-Manage w/Ignition Harness
    GReddy Turbo Timer & 2G turbo timer harness
    Log Style 304 Stainless Steel Turbo manifold, Lifetime warranty
    Stainless Steel Downpipe
    Garrett T3/T04E Turbocharger
    Precision 525cc high impedance injectors
    Precision FMIC & stainless steel piping
    Turbosmart E-Boost boost controller/boost gauge w/ mounting cup
    Turbosmart Supersonic BOV
    Turbosmart Ultra-Gate 35mm Wastegate
    Walbro 255lph Fuel pump & install kit
    Samco Hoses
    T Bolts
    Oil Lines
    Banjo Bolt
    90 deg hose end (for TB)
    Stainless Steel IC Piping
    Stewart Warner EGT 0-1600 deg F.
    Stewart Warner Oil Pressure 0-100psi
    Stewart Warner Boost Gauge (15psi or 40spi, your choice)
    Autometer Triple A-Pillar gauge pod

If this still is too much for you, cost wise, we do have the Max Rev turbo kit (we use parts of their kit) for sale right now for $3300 plus s&h. That kit is designed to be run on low boost, 6psi, and net 210whp on the manuals.[/url]

Make a V6 twin turbo kit.
    Love,
    Matt

johnnyBgood
    Matt, there is already one being made by RPW. In addition, API out of california has made their prototype V6 kit.

You can see the pics of their prototype kit here as well as some other items:
    http://www.fiautosports.com/api_turbo.html

This is preliminary picture of our kit. It will have an external wastegate though.

[/url]

johnnyBgood
    How many people would be interested in either kit?

Ive been waiting for the RPW kit since 2001. I've given up hope.
    Love,
    Matt

sethmo
    That exhaust manifold looks tiny!

$3300 isnt too bad, why such low hp on a t3/t04e?

johnnyBgood
    It is a low boost kit with the bare essentials of a kit. With an FMU and bigger injectors, much more power is attainable. BTW, my price is not retail. The kit retails for $3700.

Alister_McRae
    I would be interested, is it in the testing phase, or are you guys past that? Sorry if I missed it above. Also, how reliable is the kit with auto transmission?

johnnyBgood
    Our tester car is arrving tomorrow. We will be installing his clutch first, then begin to install the turbo kit and electronics. The tester car is a manual, of course. We do not have an auto tester car yet. but it will be the same kit, just with less horsepower due to the higher transmission losses. The Galant will see higher tranny losses due to the less aggressive ECU.

We are looking for a totally reliable kit. This kit has 525cc injectors, so leaning out will not be an issue. And tuning it to turn up the boost will also be an option, ot a degree. We know that with replacing pistons, getting tuned, and bigger injectors, the system can push up to 400whp. But we do not certify boosting it up beyond the level that it will be set at. Once you want to turn up the boost, you can buy the passwords from us, and then adjust the E-manage and E-Boost for more power. We password protect them because it costs us money to get this program/tune running, and if we gave it away, we would not be able to sell as many.

Power wise, on the auto car, we are looking for approx 260-290whp. Beyond that, I think the auto will need strengthening to be able to hold the power. But with the build-up, a valve body kit from Level10 will drop your shifts from .6sec to .2 secs and you car will be as fast, or even faster (in the 1/4mi) than the manuals.

I do wholly recommend a tranny oil cooler if you are going to boost. You are going to have alot more power, and while the tranny can take it, the oil cooler kit will make it run that much better. It will lower your tranny temps and your car will shift better.

If you want to get an oil cooler kit, we sell those as well, made by Flexalite.

Alister_McRae
    Cool, sounds good, something to think about. Will an intercooler be available with the kit or seperate?

johnnyBgood
    An intercooler does come with this kit. Everything a proper turbo kit needs to run comes with this kit. FMIC, all gauges, EBC, external wastegate, oil lines, etc. It comes with it all. Boost pressures are going to be set at 11psi, which should net in the range of 310whp on the manuals and between 260whp and 290whp on the auto's. I wholly recommend an auto tranny cooler to help take some heat off the auto tranny.

If you are also looking for a partial kit, I can subsititute items, or if you have certain items already, I am remove them from the kit. I am making this as versatile as possible. But if you remove items from the kit, you will need to get the kit dyno tuned. But the price will reflect the lack of dyno tuning as well.

Also, I suggest that anyone who wants to run this use quality motor oil, mobil1, Redline, etc., and quality transmission oil such as Redline, BG Syncroshift, etc.

Galant-UNIT(sur_texas)
    Cool, sounds good, something to think about
    IT DOES!!!

with the GReddy E-Manage w/Ignition Harness we dont need to replace the ecu and buy an s-afc right?

the kit would just drop on a stock 7g?
    how fast would it be in the 1/4 mile?

johnnyBgood
    You would not need to get a standalone ECU or SAFC II.

I am not sure if the kit will fit on a 7G or not. Honestly, I am not too familiar with the 7G's, but if someone wants to find out and in near the Baltimore region, give me a call later this week.

410.683.8309. I am there between 9am and 6pm, usually.

1/4 mi time, you are looking for 13's. Maybe low 13's. With slicks, you could possibly get into the high 12's with a good driver.

Also, this kit is deisgned to be able to boost up to 450hp. the turbo can flow 450hp as well as the FMIC. The rods in the car can take up to 450hp and the clutch I recommend can take up to 450tq. By replacing your pistons and rods (once you are in there, might as well do both, to be safe), you can turn up the boost on the kit to get you into the 11's. The addition of the NX N2tercooler will lower your time even more.

This kit is designed to be flexible and be totally customizable.

johnnyBgood
    An update.

We have installed the GReddy E-manage w/ ignition harness, GReddy turbo timer, and Turbosmart E-Boost has been installed and programmed. We test fit the injectors, and they fit perfect. The clips did not fit, but we have some on order that should fit the bill. They will be arriving in the next 2-3 days as well.

Our RPS clutch has arrived and will be installed over the next few days. Today we are going to install the injector.

Alister_McRae
    If possible, try and get pics, thanks!

this kit sounds very nice I can't wait to see the numbers.

I would go in on this but I am currently in a money situation at the moment. Will it be avalable down the road say like 4 months max?
    Home sweet Home

johnnyBgood
    We will have numbers up by this weekend, at the latest Monday/Tuesday. this kit will be available from now on. We can only provide 3 kits a week, but we do not expect to get any more orders than that.

This kit will be available in 4 months and we will have pics up as well.

brandon
    What are you using for the oil return line? Do you have a pic?

Would you sell any/all of the parts separately?

johnnyBgood
    We can sell the part seperately. Everything in the kit are products that work. We simply took a step back, looked at all the items we had available to us and put this togther.

the oil drain line is stainless steel. As far as the size, we will find that out tomorrow.

this is a pic that is a representation of the kit. Same manifold and turbo. The DP is different, it will also have different wastegate and BOV and FMIC.

any 7Gers in the Baltimore area care to find out for us 7G's here if the kit works and show some good numbers?

i mean, for $3700, i think it's a great catch! for me, it's slight better than doing the 63t swapping.

but unless we see data on a turboed 7G, i think ppl here will less likely to put money on it since you said yourself that you don't know if the kit will our cars :?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast