The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo upgrade

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Turbo upgrade

I was just talking to a guy and he has a T3 and T25 turbines. He is going to tell me the price later, which one is better???
    And around how much can they cost, I dont know about this thats why I need help. I think they are new or in excellent condition.
    Also what else do I need once I get the turbine?? Do I need to change pistons, upgrade the fuel injectors??/ I think the stage one can be setup up with the stock pistons and fuel injectors. But again I dont know, thats why I need you guys to help me out. How much HP can I gain from it???

If you guys want to give me any recomendations, it will be great.

Thanks a lot guys, I dont know about this, and I dont wanna get tricked out.

8ggalant
    research research research....we can tell u our OPINION but u'll never know if its wahat U want ...ya kno....i say neither....but thats me...the t25 doesn not match up well with our motor efficenty wise....and once u spend all the money to put the kit together...ull wish u had a bigger turbo...trust me...i (and a few other members) have been throught this already...and no im not boosted)...so yea do a search for turbo or turbo kits in the search bar...u'll learn everything u need to know

brandon
    Your answers are here:

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/search.php

Good, relatively cheap turbos are the 14b and 16g.

So I should go with the T3? I dont know how much to pay for the turbine itself. I after I get the turbine, how much will I need for the rest of the kit??

And Whats like an average hp gain with Turbo kit???

brandon
    Again...

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/search.php

I would say no on the T3, and get a 14b or 16g. It depends on what kind of gains you're looking for.

Average gain is completely relative to what parts you're using.

PLEASE, use the search option... if you have questions after that everyone will be glad to help.

Like how much could a complete kit 14b or 16g could cost???

If it cost a lot, I would just probably change the headers and get a cold air intake.
    Any recommendations of good and cheap headers, or intakes??? or web sites??

Hey guys thanks a lot for the help.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    "cheap" turbo setup done right = $2-3k
    7g for life!

johnnyBgood
    On the 4G64, the 16G is far from the optimum turbo. It's efficiency ratings to drop to 65%. What I was suprised with is the 14b. It will work very well with the 4G64.

but do search, it will provide people with less of a headache.

I saw the kit, it is too much for me like $3700. Well I think I would go with racing headers and intake to get some power.

Any good brands on headers and economical??

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by darylvia
    I saw the kit, it is too much for me like $3700. Well I think I would go with racing headers and intake to get some power.

Any good brands on headers and economical??
    Economical and horsepower don't go together bubba.

Hit up ebay and look for headers you should be able to find something.
    OBX alledgedly makes a header for the 8g but I don't know whether anyone on here actually has a set. There's also RPW. But they're in australia and I know some members have waited up to 6 months to get their parts. There was another company that made a header for the 8g but I can't remember the name. Best thing to do would be look around in the group buy forum.

Hope this helps.

8ggalant
    obx, kamikazee, rpw, and a few others (check www.eclipseforums.org )

and dont expect any bang for buck...cuz theres really no way of getting performance outta our motor with out forced induction and or fuel tuning...the only reason im purchasing a header is because im spraying now...

like he said...performance is not cheap...AT ALL...if u want a car that will get quicker with just an intake and exhaust...try a honda....

this is sad but tru....best bet is to save for fi (or spray :twisted: )